Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New Fangled Minnow Dipper!!!???

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Fangled Minnow Dipper!!!???

I'm sure several of you made it out to your local Fishing Show. I ended up out both days at the Steelheaders Show in Porter County Indiana, on Saturday working my booth and hanging with Kickin Bass and Fishaholic, and on Sunday I went back out to hear Ed Muladay's seminar on the Kankakee. Both fun days. The best tip I got from Ed was how to rig the Mister Twister Weighted Keeper Hooks in a weedless way with a plastic grub and a minnow. He said they are awesome on the smallies!! Can't wait!!!!

I was wondered what you felt the best product was that you saw or bought? I enjoyed looking at a lot of stuff, but had to go back and get this one the second day. It's a new fangled minnow dipper that only removes one minnow at a time from the bucket and with out getting wet. The guy had a bucket of minnows on the table and was showing you how it worked. (I wonder if he had those minnows trained?). One end is for bigger minnows and the others for small ones. The idea is that you put it down in the bucket and they swim into it and can't get out. I'm looking forward to using it this Spring on the crappie!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Mike, glad to hear I was not the only one spending $$$$$. Iwent Sat after work and walked out about $400 lighter than I went in. I got one of those cool ice rods made on the plastic hoop base, I got 2 St Croix rods, 2 ultra light Quantum Iron rods, and 2 Okuma Metaloid reels. I also bought the packet from Ed and booked a Musky fishing trip at Webster Lake. I also bought some stuff for jig tying. The ones I have been tying are getting a real good reputation locally for killing the crappie. So much so I bought 600 jig heads on ebay this week.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Steelheaders Show

Rock, you bought some great things!!!! I looked at the ice fishing rod holder you bought. It looks great. I have bought Ed's packet in the past, well worth it. We need to get out the river together. I'd like to buy a couple jigs off you!! You can never have a too many jigs!!

I also bought some spinners for bass fishing on Lake George and a couple jigs too!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bobbers

You can never have enough bobbers if you ask me!!! Here are a couples new models that I bought at the Steelheaders show. They are designed to fish for Steelhead off the pier. The one has a place in the top where you can put a "glow stick" if you are fishing at night. I'm looking forward to trying these. I'm not sure they will help me catch fish but they did catch me!!! I'm sure they would work well for crappie too!

Post Thanks / Like

Mike, I am glad that I am not the only one that bought the minnow trap. I thought it was a neat and just had to have one... Good luck fishing this year hope to see you on the water..

Fish Detective
    "May Your Fishing Dreams Come True"

Fish Detective

Post Thanks / Like

Default Minnow Trap

Where do you fish Fish Detective?

Post Thanks / Like

Mike, any water I can get on. On a short day I like to fish the Salamonie and Silver Lake in K County. In July I like to night fish Big and Little Cedar for lake trout, these guys love corn..... I do alot of fly fishing as this is a very good stress relief. You may have seen my boat on the water it is jet black with Gill Getter on the sides. I had rebuilt this boat from the ground up including a new motor a Suzuki 50 HP Four Stroke. The boat is a old Starcraft runabout v bottom, boy does it love the rough water and it cuts waves. I hope to see you on the water..

Fish Detective

Fish Detective

Post Thanks / Like

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...0/CA9CAXT3.jpg

Mike, I hope this goes threw..

Fish Detective

Fish Detective

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boat

Oooooo... Nice boat. I'll keep my eyes open for you. I got out to try my new bobbers today on Lake Michigan. Caught one coho and one brown.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike Thanks, also VERY NICE FISH.... I hope to cross paths on the water with you. You may ask why did I paint the boat this way???? Well I want the kids to see it and gain there attention and hope they ask questions about fishing. I think if we can keep our children in any type of sports (FISHING) I know for a fact in my job they will have less chances in getting in with the wrong crowd... In your job I think you will understand as these kids are our future. Thanks again my friend and God Bless... If you ever need anything PM me I will try to help.

Fish Detective

Fish Detective