Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Maple Leaf Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Maple Leaf Lake

Has anybody fished Maple Leaf Lake? It is near Odessa I believe. We are going to give it a try tomorrow I think but if anybody has fished it, any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
    When in doubt, set the hook.

Post Thanks / Like

Fished it some last year. Crappie are few and far between. Did catch a few nice ones so know they are there. Lots of brush in this lake. I beiieve it is more of a bass lake. Seen a lot cuught by others. Have heard it is not a bad lake for cats. Post back and let me know how you did. Thanks!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I used to fish Maple Leaf when I was stationed in Missouri. Never really did well for crappie there. If you are willing to drive about another 20 minutes go to Concordia and fish the lake there in town. I have caught a lot of crappie out of that lake. If you plan on fishing the bank it'll be harder to catch the bigger ones. If you have a boat have fun you should be bale to fill that livewell up quickly.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

We did fish Maple Leaf yesterday. The wind was horrible. We caught 2 decent bass but didn't really try to crappie fish. Just too windy to try to stay on top of the brush. It looks to be a good lake here in a few weeks when the water warms...at least for bass.
    When in doubt, set the hook.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd agree with that. I caught alot of quality "green carp" there. If you want a good spot and you can get your boat back there try the shallows to the left when you are heading out from the ramp.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave