Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: How to shorten a Tm shaft

Post Thanks / Like

Question How to shorten a Tm shaft

The wife bought me a bow mount Tm. it came with a 60" shaft, has anyone ever shortened one of these. It seems you could take the head of, cut the tube and just rework the wires. Anyone ever done this? Thanks for the help. Tony

Post Thanks / Like

I had a shaft shortened for me at a dealer. If you have anyone close to you that works on them they should know how to do it. It didn't take long and didn't cost much. I did not watch this done because I don't plan on doing this anymore. Motor works great now. before the motor stuck out way off the side of the boat. Now is just right. Good Luck. CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Hey CS,
    What kind of Troller do you have. I have shortend many Minnikotas with the composit shafts.I take the shaft screw out and split the head and undo the wires( be sure to mark ) .Pull the head off the shaft through the wires. I take a hacksaw and cut around the shaft making sure not to cut into the wires.You will have to redrill the holes for the head screw .Watch out for the wires. Pull the wires back through the head and attach the wires. Be sure when you drill the head screw it is in line with the motor and put the head on facing the right way. Hope this helps.
    Life is Good !
    2018 Kentucky & Tennessee Crappie Masters State Champs!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the help i thought thats what it would take but wasn't sure. I'll try it and let you know. C-rex