Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: I got a funny feeling about Grenada and the Law

Post Thanks / Like

Default I got a funny feeling about Grenada and the Law

Anyone planning a trip down here this year (especially) better make sure you got your I's dotted and your t's crossed because I think they will be checking more this year than any years past combined. I would be willing to bet that a GW will be stationed at evert boat ramp....yall be careful, ignorance of the law is no excuse!!!

One of the issues really pushed by those at the public forum on Grenada changes was lack of enforcement. When this stuff becomes part of a public record with the public well knowing of what's being said in the meetings, I think we're gonna see a new deal come spawn time. 2 plus 2 is 4 in my book.
    Last edited by sac-a-lait; 02-26-2006 at 05:44 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good deal to me. Then again I hate poachers as do most everyone here I believe. GWs can be overzealous, but it is for our benefit in the end.

Post Thanks / Like

Question

The same thing is happenin up here in SEMO. New reg on Wappapello is starting March 1 and the public wanted it enforced, strictly. Bunch of agents in the area learnin the lake now. Sac-a-lait, I'm planning a trip to Grenada March 19 and was wondering if MS game law says that you have to keep the fish you caught separated from each others? Don't want to find out the hard way. Thanks, rascal
    "She's A Bute Clark"

Post Thanks / Like

i think you could keep them in one cooler together...For example, you had a GREAT day on Grenada and you and a partner are headed in...You can have NO MORE Than 30 fish EACH and 25 of them have to be over 12" per person. If they want to count they will count one cooler or two, no difference to the law

Post Thanks / Like

I am if full agreement with you sac-a-lait. The MS Dept of Wildlife officials will probably be everywhere around Grenada once the new law goes into place on 22 March. I can't see anyone getting off with a warning if they break the rules there this year.
    Give it a few months and things will cool down some I bet. However this spring watch out- I am going to read and re-read the regulations before I go there the last week of March.:D

Post Thanks / Like

That goes for running lights, life preservers, registration and license as well.
    If your not proper they'll ticket you at Grenada.
    FIN

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Sac, I also heard that set a max of 3 poles per person, 2 hooks per pole. Is that true? And, if so is it just for Grenada?

Post Thanks / Like

Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. That clears it up.