Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Ky Lake fishing with Todd...fun time and caught fishes...pics

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ky Lake fishing with Todd...fun time and caught fishes...pics

Caught a few nice ones. Cold front moved in Sat. and the fish got lockjaw. Todd and I managed to pull in a few. Tough fishing. We covered a lot of water.
    Shad kill was evident around Sulphur Creek, but no signs of kill on West Sandy or South Sandy around Country Junction area. Just wasn't too many "willing" fishes. We had a good boat ride... We cleaned fish Saturday nite. It was cold. Fishes were stiff....

Richard (1Weezer), good fishermen catch fish even after a shad kill...haha
    Last edited by Cane Pole; 01-10-2009 at 02:04 PM.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Good looking catch, you looked very cold. Hang in there warm weather is on its way...

Fish Detective
    "May Your Fishing Dreams Come True"

Fish Detective

Post Thanks / Like

Good looking mess of fish, but they looked like my fingers felt this morning. Frozen stiff.
    Hold My beer and watch this sheeet!!!

Post Thanks / Like

good catch Tom,the fish down here had lockjaw to this weekend.
    get d net <*((((((>{ PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Tom I hope you can teach him how to fish. LOL.
    I try to get Todd to tell me how to catch fish and he keeps telling me he can't fish Pickwick.
    WEll its the same water there. WE just get to use it before it gets there.
    Glad you caught fish.
    PEte

Post Thanks / Like

Tom showed me somthing that I never have seen before. I arrived at his place around 5:30p.m. on friday. He was fishing off his dock in 2-3 ft. of water. I thought, he must have a bad case of cabin fever if he is trying to catch crappie in that shallow water. You can't catch crappie in 2-3 ft. of 40 degree water in the end of Feb. WRONG!!! I glanced in his bucket and there were three nice crappie. I quickly hightailed it to the trailered boat to get my rod and reel. The first cast of a minnow tipped jig under a float set at two foot produced a 13" crappie. We ended up catching the last two out of ten fish in the pitch black dark by feeling the strike and not even seeing the float. I've looked for fish in the shallows during cold water periods, but have never seen or experienced the catch. It surprised me! Tom, thanks for the lesson and the hospitality as always. Big Sandy/West Sandy wind is a given. It's going to blow as always. I think it has something to do with Richard Williams always being there! Todd

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole
    Caught a few nice ones. Cold front moved in Sat. and the fish got lockjaw. Todd and I managed to pull in a few. Tough fishing. We covered a lot of water.
    Shad kill was evident around Sulphur Creek, but no signs of kill on West Sandy or South Sandy around Country Junction area. Just wasn't too many "willing" fishes. We had a good boat ride... We cleaned fish Saturday nite. It was cold. Fishes were stiff....

Richard (1Weezer), good fishermen catch fish even after a shad kill...haha