Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Regulations on crappie beds?

Post Thanks / Like

Question Regulations on crappie beds?

SORRY i know this has probily been ask a hundred times but what are the regs on placing your own brush piles on missouri lakes? i looked on the mdc web site with no luck..thought i would turn here?!

-thanks hyde
    Remember, We all live down stream!
    Outlaw Crappie & Walleye Poles

Post Thanks / Like

do it till you get caught, then tell us how it worked out,

no really been discussed and it's all good, just don't do it on them city or state owned, Not managed but Owned lakes. they will get on your case pretty bad, table rock, stockton, truman, all a go as far as I know, folks doing it all the time. I have put lots in stockton and have never given it a thought, hope i helped a little

Post Thanks / Like

THANKS stockton was where i was looking to sink a few.
    Remember, We all live down stream!
    Outlaw Crappie & Walleye Poles

Post Thanks / Like

It is my understanding that your not allowed to cut any live trees on the public ground around stockton. You can however obtain a permit free of charge from the corp office in stockton that will allow give you permission to harvest particular species for fish habitat. As said before I know many that have and still do cut trees on stockton without a permit and never have trouble, but I wanted the permit so I don't have to worry about looking over my shoulder. It's free so why not get one?

Good luck
    Fish like your hungry!

Post Thanks / Like

W ell just find you some trees that need topping and top them and tie the brush up and get you a couple cinder blocks and sink them
    fishing from the couch in front of the tv doesnt count

Post Thanks / Like

A few years back I checked on it and you had to get with the corp of engineers and they would send you a map and then you marked where you were to place the brush piles and you sent it back and then they ok'd it and sent it back to you so you could then put the brush piles is said lake.Pain in the butt but keeps ya legal

Post Thanks / Like

I have asked the corps many times for marked spots they said they have nothing to do with that, and I should have made myself clear,I was not saying to cut trees at the lake, MDC does not allow cutting,harvisting,taking,removing,molesting,distr ubing,moving,burning,freezing,topping,bottiming,mi ddling,or picking jinsing without a permit or some sort.

Post Thanks / Like

Do it at night, a lot less paperwork.

Post Thanks / Like

One thang they do not allow is any kind of metal,no nails,metal buckets,screws,banding..good luck,its alot of fun catching fish off you own structure...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiedave55 View Post
    A few years back I checked on it and you had to get with the corp of engineers and they would send you a map and then you marked where you were to place the brush piles and you sent it back and then they ok'd it and sent it back to you so you could then put the brush piles is said lake.Pain in the butt but keeps ya legal
    And then they print a map about every 2 years and then pass them out to everyone. At least that was what they do on Pomme de Terre.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast