Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WILD Help some kids

Post Thanks / Like

Default WILD Help some kids

My name is Toby Ryder and im the pastor of Duson Baptist Church. Me and one of my leaders have written a program to bring in fatherless boys and girls and through a one year program help them become well rounded young men and women. The year will consist of four quarters
    Fishing
    Hunting
    Vehicle care and maintenance
    Carpentry and simple home repair.

They will come in with their mentor one Saturday a month for 3 months for training in each area at the end of the quarter they will apply those skills in an real situations like a fishing rodeo, a guided hunt, driving lessons and a Home care outreach....Where does Crappie. Com fit in.. I have been tying jigs for about two years and Im the leader for the Fishing quarter thats coming in March. I need old vices and materials to teach a tying class, rods and reels for our rodeo, prizes and any donations you could give....They have a fatherless generation of children out there and We cant just stand around and watch it go down the tubes please help us to make this a big sucess.....hopefully this will become a program that leaves a lasting real world impact on the Kids it touches. I was fortunate to have a father that taught me how to fish and hunt, change my oil and fix a leaky sink. All donations can be mailed to Duson Baptist Church P.O. Box 1121 Duson Louisiana 70529 attn: WILD Program.
    JawBreakerJigs.....Get U Some

snake River is online now Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

we will definitely get something in the mail to you right away will definitely see the kids have enough materials to work with for making up some jigs .

www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks snake.... Come on guys We need your help... I know you have something lying around you don't use anymore. We need sponsors.

snake River is online now Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I shipped out the box this morning. I couldn't get anymore in the box. I think you will really enjoy it. It's like it and they grab bag. Guys if you don't do anything else in your life. Donate something to these kids it may change your life forever. They will think about this. Years from now when they are my age. How wonderful it was to get something that they will truly enjoy and they will cherish this for many years to come.

www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Bump...

Post Thanks / Like

One person from the main board... Come on sponsors....

Post Thanks / Like

Does it have to be a sponsor? Does it have to be new in unopened package? I could probably put together some things that I no longer use and bought and only used a couple times or bought way to many of items. Obviously I would not send ya junk as that would be a waste. Kudos to your Church for putting on this program. What items are ya lookin for on the hunting side?

Post Thanks / Like

Huntinslab we will take all donations used or new.... Not just sponsors I would like us to all be involved... On the hunting side whatever your willing to part with... We will be teaching and hunting all game found in Louisiana ... Duck, deer, hogs, squirrel, rabbit , doves... We need camo, calls, pellet rifles ... Used or new dosnt matter just as long as it's useable.

Post Thanks / Like

Let me see what I can put together for ya.

Post Thanks / Like

I too help with disadvantaged kids through several different organizations, one a church (kids from divorced families) and the other is Boy Scouts (true some have both parents, some one, some have grandparents, and other situations). Its a great thing to teach the next generation, however the power is not in the giving of gifts, its in the giving of time and knowledge. Keep up the good work.
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast