Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bassmaster Classic Bound

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bassmaster Classic Bound

I am leaving in the morning for the Bassmaster Classic in New Orleans. There are 5 Okies fishing in it; Edwin Evers, Terry Butcher, Tommy Biffle, Jeff Kriet, and a guy I can't remember his name. The tournament starts on Friday and ends on Sunday. I will try and post a daily report on here if I have time. I may be too busy eating all that great cajun food.:D

All I ask is that you guys and gals don't catch all the crappie while I am gone.

Odie
    Common sense isn't always that common!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think you have to worry about us catching all the Crappie. You may want to lock your deep freeze though. George may be sniffing around while your gone!

Post Thanks / Like

Have fun Odie you making me jealous.I don't dislike Van Damn but I hope he does not win it this year will try and watch it on TV if I have time..Hope you enjoy the cajun food that and the fishing, hunting is what I miss most about Louisiana.I lived not far from Baton Rouge for over 30 yrs.

Post Thanks / Like

sniff, sniff.I tink a smella crappie fishThumbs Up Yup I tink sooooo.

Post Thanks / Like

I locked my 3 guard dogs in the garage while I am gone. George won't make it past them.:D LOL!!!

Odie

Post Thanks / Like

We arrived in New Orleans. Temp is 58 here at 11 pm. Going to get out and watch the guys practice fish tomorrow. Then try to interview the two Talala Boys for an article I am writing. Tomorrow evening cajun food here we come. A guy I graduated high school with lives here and he is taking us to one of his favorite places to eat. I'll report on how the food was.

Odie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Guard Dogs

Odie- I am huddled in fear from the thought of being nibbled on by your ferocious guard dogs. I wonder what they would think of me if I flipped them a can of ALPO and it rolled in front of them. You know kinda like a "food grenade". Shoot i might be their best buddy by the time YOU get home.Rofl

Be good, have a safe trip and eat some cajun food for me.Thumbs Up

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Odie get the name of the restaraunts ya'll eat at.Some of the best cajun restaraunts I like or in Henderson La. and Breaux Bridge La. Ordered me some Slap Ya Mama Hot Creole seasoning and Slap Ya Mama Fish Fry some good stuff Odie.Should get it soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Thought I would give an update from New Orleans. We had an early breakfast and were on the Delta by 8 this morning. I have never been on the water down here and it is definately different. We ran about 7-8 miles today and never found water over 9 feet deep. Most of the time we were in 3-5 feet. Lots of cover in the water and I mean not only trees but grass or weeds everywhere. We watched Evers and Butcher fish, as well as KVD, and about 12 other guys. Never saw a fish caught in over 3 hours. Water temps have climbed over 10 degrees since Sunday so fishing should heat up. Tournament starts Friday and I will keep you updated. I obviously am rooting for Evers or Butcher to win, but if not I would lke to see Biffle, Kriet, or our other Okie win it.

By the way the first stop on Cajun food was Zadycos in Bellchasse, LA and it gets 2 thumbs up from me and my buddy. We had the combo platter: fried everything, oysters, shrimp, soft shell crab, catfish, cajun fries, and sweet potato fries.

Odie

Post Thanks / Like

I had a conversation with Odie after his post and told him to send his wife to the Jax Brewery bldg and attend the Lousiana School of Cooking seminar and learn some recipies. You also get to eat what the instructor cooks,afterwards the attendees can go downstairs and shop in their store. Great fun and great food. Cafe du Monde in the French Quarter in Jackson Square near the big church on the Southeast corner of the square is well known for their fresh beigneps and strong Luciene coffee with chickory for breakfast. Begnets,pronounced "benyaas" are small warm powdered doughnuts.Thumbs Up YUM!

Odie - Go to the Acme Oyster Bar in the French Quarter, ask anyone where it is. You cant go wrong.Hands Clapping

Eat your weight in shrimp fo me, buddy, enjoy Mardis Gras and have a safe trip home.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast