Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fishing Journal?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing Journal?

Can anyone recomend a good fishing journal?

Post Thanks / Like

I went on Google and found several. Here is one that looks good. May have to try it myself since my memory left me back the 60's.

The Camo Shop:Waterproof fishing notebook - The Camo Shop

ps...If posting links to other products is taboo on site please let me know. Just trying to help out a fellow fisherman.

Post Thanks / Like

Hard to beat a regular pin on the wall size flip calendar. Just get one with plenty of room to log lake level, water temp and summarize what you did. They are cheap easy to store and are handy to keep by your easy chair. My grandpa has recorded the lake level and daily high and low everyday for 20 years and made a brief summary of the days events even if not fishing. He likes to look back on them from time to time.

You can buy some rite in the rain ones for less than $10 on ebay. I keep one on my boat dash with a pen as every now and then I want to write something down as to not forget it later.
    Fish like your hungry!

Post Thanks / Like

A buddy of mine who is in the Army gave me a water proof field artillary notebook and a write in the rain pen. It works good, been keeping a log for the past 6 months.
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

Post Thanks / Like

I keep one in an excel spreadsheet, works pretty good. Have about 3 years saved now.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

I've kept a turkey and duck journal for over 20 years. Just started a fishing one in 2005. I just use a big spiral notebook and it will hold years and years worth.

Post Thanks / Like

Spiral note book

john b.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I just made a homemade spreadsheet on Excel and keep it backed up to a zip drive from time to time. Years ago I had the same thing and lost everything when my 'puter crashed. Lesson learned.:o By making your own you can keep what info you want and make it as large or as small as necessary. Mine has:
    Date, Time, Location, Weather/Water Condition, # Caught, Comments (here is where I put all the pertinent info such as which are the hot colors (longlining), how many caught tightlining minnows, what weight jigs used, depth of water fished, how deep my jigs ran, largest fish, etc.,etc.).

Works for me.:p
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.