Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wally Spotted in WM

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wally Spotted in WM

Cruising around the sporting goods department of my local WM today I saw a complete selection of Mr. Crappie bobbers. This seems to confirm talks regarding a new relationship between the two WM's. I am excited to see his products out again.

Post Thanks / Like

OK, who is WM and WM? Keep in mind that this is a worldwide Internet extending far beyond Hodgenville.

Post Thanks / Like

Wally Marshall and Walmart. A match made in crappie heaven.

Reggie

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

My local WalMart has always carried the Mr. Crappie bobbers, I have been buying them there I know for 5 years.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

When at Grizzly Jigs spring show Wally said an announcement would come out in two weeks. That's about now. And he did say he had an appointment in Bentonville, that coming week. Also, he said that his products will be in more stores throughout the country. And I noticed Bass Pro Shop has now restocked the rods that used to have Wally's name on them. Same rod, without his name.
    GET THE NET HAROLD, GET THE NET!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JBledsoe View Post

OK, who is WM and WM? Keep in mind that this is a worldwide Internet extending far beyond Hodgenville.

That would be Mr. Crappie Wally Marhsall and Wal-Mart. Thank you for your friendly response.

Post Thanks / Like

I went to the boat show at BPS in Clarksville, IN yesterday and spent a few hours roaming around. I found none of Wally's rods but found some old stock reels, bobbers, jigs and spider rigging rod holders left over in the stores. they still have not changed the name of Mr. Crappie line as of yet. Got to see Jimmy Houston talk and picked up a new depth finder while there.

I look through the sporting goods section every week when I am grocery shopping and this was the first time that I have ever seen his name on a product in the store. If a talk in Bentonville was in the works then chances are good that his name will start to appear on more items after contractual agreements are made.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope he doesnt start a "cheap" line of products to sell in Walmart. Seems whenever Walmarts sell a good product we're all used to a funny thing happens....all of a sudden it's something cheap made that aint worth a flip.:o Just look at the Zebco 808's....same thing happened to them.:rolleyes:
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

It will be good I think....I think we are also going to see Mr. Crappie stuff at several other big name stores as well as WalMart.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

look at the BPS website. the crappie reels with his name on them are 10 bucks and the SAME reel just without his name is now 20 bucks
    ADAPT OR DIE
    AND KEEP THE CHANGE-HANK JR.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast