Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bought a new rod by Silstar...

Post Thanks / Like

Default bought a new rod by Silstar...

I went to BASSACKWARD Lures today and bought a 12ft 2pcs graphite jig pole. I've been debating buying them. He had six the other day, only two left today. So I decided I'd buy at least one. The other one was 14ft. I told him I'd probably get several more if he could get them at the same price $16.99 :D Thats what I said... He said he talk to another supplier for them that morning and they would actually be cheaper :D Oh well sign me up. I figure if my other $30+ jig poles break I have to spend what I could almost buy two of these for. Plus I been wanting one of those silstar mini baitcaster reels and I told him about them and he going to start carring them if he can:D So in the mean time for my brand new rod I bought Uncle Buck's crappie reel from him $9. So $30+ for the whole combo:p
    Last edited by stumpbumpers; 02-25-2006 at 11:48 PM.
    This only my opinion, but nothing you can say will change my mind. That makes it a FACT.

Today is a Blessed Day and a Prosperous Day

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, sign me up too. Know of anywhere you can order these off the net? No one in south AL carries them. Let us know how it handles.

Post Thanks / Like

No I checked the net and couldn't find the rods. It has been all new to me too. The rods are thinner through the tip than other jig poles, ceramic eyes, foam maybe 16 inch handle. Mine has a tiger stripe grey/black handle. Never seen that before. It's dark red at the base near the handle and then fades into black. Looks good with the red little reel, not that the fish care. It seems to be well made and finish well. Straight with no veriations, eyes lined up, and when I whip it around IT DON'T BREAK:D :DAvtually BASSAKWARD LURES is on the net http://www.bassackwardlures.com/ call him up and tell him stumpbumpers sent ya
    Last edited by stumpbumpers; 02-26-2006 at 12:49 AM.
    This only my opinion, but nothing you can say will change my mind. That makes it a FACT.

Post Thanks / Like

I got 2 B+M 12ft. jig poles with Uncle Bucks reels for free stumpbumpers, kinda. I bought them while working down in Poplar Bluff Mo. a couple years ago. Put em up on a shelf in the utility shed and forgot all about them, duh. At least i ain't left the house without my pants on, yet...izzy

Post Thanks / Like

That's about $80 you forgot about, but then again you probably would have wore them out if had bought them.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is the rod and check out this other link. They have other rods. Look at the eyecast rods, they have telescoping trolling rods

http://www.silstar.com/service/line.html#
    Last edited by stumpbumpers; 02-26-2006 at 01:11 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

that will work
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I had a 9 ft Silstar 2 pc spinning rod....I put a quantum reel w/ it, and it was may favorite outfit until it snapped right in the middle after a long cast into the wind. I only paid 20 bucks for it and I haven't been able to find one since then.
    Fish on!:D

3 Bald Stooges of Percy Priest Lake - Co Founder

kc ducker Guest

I just got a new Silstar rod a few weeks ago. It is 12ft with two rod tips one is a med/light the other is a med/heavy. I have not used it yet, but I can not wait.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kc ducker
    I just got a new Silstar rod a few weeks ago. It is 12ft with two rod tips one is a med/light the other is a med/heavy. I have not used it yet, but I can not wait.
    kc.,how bout a little mo info on this 2 tip rod...model #, where avaiable? thanx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast