Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thought i'd try

Post Thanks / Like

Question Thought i'd try

I don't know if it will work or not, but i thought i would try making my own scent with olive oil and garlic powder, mixing the two and letting them soak, then soaking my plastic /hair jigs in them. Would be cheap, don't know if it would be effective, also i thought about vaseline and garlic mix, may be a stretch.

John b.

Post Thanks / Like

You can buy minced garlic in an oil at the grocery. I did but havent tried it yet.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Good idea. Let us know if it works.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

I can tell you right now it will rust the hooks on the feather jigs, and it wont take long

Post Thanks / Like

Feather jigs are out then.

John b.

Post Thanks / Like

Crappie nibbles are cheap and less hassle too. Plus they work!
    @lozcrappie

Post Thanks / Like

John if I remember correct bearsbait has garlic concentrate, I got some for the plastic, and I have used pam garlic spray for the feather jigs in the past, but if you leave the jigs in a box the moisture will eat up the hooks, I hardly ever use feather anymore, Ole Buzzy made me a few and I use them once in awhile Most of the time just plastic, and the garlic seems to work on them.

Post Thanks / Like

Bear's garlic scent is what I put in my plastic when I pour. It seems to work well. I also add a few drops to the baits after I bag them. Gotta love that smell.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Try Pam in garlic
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I use the Bang garlic spray and it works very well. I started using it along with the Bang shad scent together with very good results. It comes in a deoderant size can for about $6. I had Steve order me a bulk size one that has a windex size bottle and spray pump instead of the aresol type. It should work just as well and not waste as much because of spraying under pressure and in a stream which causes you to miss the bait as it is swinging from your line. It will last a good while. I have still seen a little oil slick when the jig hits the water after like 20 minutes. That is on plastics amd should hold to and last longer on my hand tied feather and hair jigs. The stuff Bob uses on his baits is strong and will last as long as the plastic does because it is in the bait when he pours them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast