Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats your best producing jig trailer?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Whats your best producing jig trailer?

Im just curious what trailer style and color everyone has produced the most bites on while fishing jigs. Ive read about jig color not affecting the bite very much so how about the trailers.
    :p :p I would rather be fishing :D :D

Post Thanks / Like

white is my favorite color or charchues or how ever you spell it...lol

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite is chartruese head and red/chart or solid chartreuse body.
    Second favorite is bright orange head with white body.
    Usually fish jigs with a tube body or a Blakemore Road Runner with crappie thunder body.
    And alot of the time will add hot pink crappie nibbles.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm guessing by "trailer" your meaning jig body and by "jig" you mean jig head. Chartruese is the undisputed best color. It won't catch'm every time, but it definately out fishes other colors in my boat. I can have two tone jigs with chartruese and whatever, but still got chartruese. The one that has no chartruese I like and will always have in my box is a tube. the body has red head, black abdomen, and a white tail. Other than that I tie my own maribou, bucktail, hair, feather, fur, and anything else jigs(still with chartruese and whatever color). I like minnows too and mainly because we have a repoar, they introduced me to crappie as a kid. So now I feel obligated to take them fishing now and then:D
    This only my opinion, but nothing you can say will change my mind. That makes it a FACT.

Today is a Blessed Day and a Prosperous Day

Post Thanks / Like

I think I fished better as akid with minnows. Seems like they stayed alive longer then? maybe its just me but they used to seem alot healthier when this one place was around. Its since closed and the old guy has moved on to the big crappie hole in the sky.
    :p :p I would rather be fishing :D :D

Post Thanks / Like

In the winter I like to use a black horsehead with either a charteuse/white, or a solid charteuse or white. Tipped with either a wax worm worm or crappie nibbler. Come spring I use yellow/white tube on a plain head. Summer its hit and miss but and combo with charteuse seems to work well for me.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

chartrues always seems to be a common denominator
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Chartruse head, red tube with chartruse tail. Second choice: Chartruse jig and an orange and chartruse tube. White curly tails with an overhead spinner work well sometimes too.

Post Thanks / Like

I've got box's full of all color's,But I'm with the rest here.Chartruse of anything is hard to beat.

Post Thanks / Like

1 1/2 tube which is black and silver or red and white. I let them bump along the bottom as I retrieve it slowly.
    Bill:D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast