Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: more stripers

Post Thanks / Like

Default more stripers

just when i thought the striper fishing was about to die off, they flared back up. i went this morning, and in 7 casts, caught 7 keeper sized fish bottom fishing. This was by far my heaviest limit of the year. i kept the first 4. they all went from 23-near 25 inches. then i released 2 others and gave one more away becaues he was gut hooked. i was going for 8 in a row, but my line broke on the cast, and i figured it was time to go anyways.

the damnest thing was that i was the only one catching them....what was i doing different?? was it the old bait?? was it the distance i was casting?? or was it because i was the first one there?? ....i guess i was just holding my mouth right :D

by the time i packed up, there were over a dozen people fishing there and nada one caught a fish the whole time.
    Full day 1/2 day or evening Striper/Crappie fishing trips available at a very affordable price for
    Lake Norman, Badin, Wateree, High Rock.
    Individual maker of the heavy duty "hybrid" A-rig Trolls just like an umbrella rig, Guaranteed to put fish in the boat

https://www.facebook.com/pmmalec Email: [email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/BOLOcharters

Post Thanks / Like

well, being a tried and true veteran of crappie fishing with you pete, im not suprised its your hook thats gettin the .most action. I remember one night earlier this year when you and i and the beast was fishing and had a few boats around us and you was the only one visibly catching any fish. i say visibly cause i sure dont wanna upset anyone in one of them other boats if they happen to read this. the luck of the irish,, but are you irish? . its a good thing im not a pouter as id be swolled up like a big toad full of bugs most nights im fishing with you lol.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Default wheres those stripers??

Quote Originally Posted by pete
    just when i thought the striper fishing was about to die off, they flared back up. i went this morning, and in 7 casts, caught 7 keeper sized fish bottom fishing. This was by far my heaviest limit of the year. i kept the first 4. they all went from 23-near 25 inches. then i released 2 others and gave one more away becaues he was gut hooked. i was going for 8 in a row, but my line broke on the cast, and i figured it was time to go anyways.

the damnest thing was that i was the only one catching them....what was i doing different?? was it the old bait?? was it the distance i was casting?? or was it because i was the first one there?? ....i guess i was just holding my mouth right :D

by the time i packed up, there were over a dozen people fishing there and nada one caught a fish the whole time.
    Pete it seems from reading your posts that you are fishing from shore ,is that correct?My dad used to catch heavy limits of stripers fishing from the bank at cedar creek.Any tips or locations you're willing to part with? Eric
    Commercial fishermen help feed the world.

Post Thanks / Like

im fishing inside of Mcguire Nuclear power plant.

if your gonna fish there, you better bring your surf rod and 5 oz sinkers
    Full day 1/2 day or evening Striper/Crappie fishing trips available at a very affordable price for
    Lake Norman, Badin, Wateree, High Rock.
    Individual maker of the heavy duty "hybrid" A-rig Trolls just like an umbrella rig, Guaranteed to put fish in the boat

https://www.facebook.com/pmmalec Email: [email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/BOLOcharters

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks Pete

I appreciate the tips.
    Commercial fishermen help feed the world.