Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Anyone use condo's down here??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone use condo's down here??

I know most of the lakes are only 12 to 18 feet deep and hardly any drop offs. Does anyone put out condos in these waters?? I have read about them in lakes that have a lot deeper water, was just wondering about is central florida area.
    Dusty
    A gun in hand is a lot better than a cop on the phone.

Post Thanks / Like

Lake Jackson in Sebring is 25 to 30 feet deep at the deepest point in the middle. That's where the Specks have been lately. Lake Istokpoga is 6 feet deep throughout and really shallow for such a big lake. Most canals here are about 15 feet deep but some go down to 30 feet. Bottom structure varies. Most canals have lots of thick weed beds in some areas or just bare flat bottom. Lake Jackson has an uneven bottom with some weed patches. I haven't seen any artificial structures on any waters here "yet" on my sonar unit. Natural weed beds mostly seem to be where the Specks hang out and they are usually suspended at shallow to deep depths. Lately on the canals, they have been ranging from the bottom to suspended in about 12 feet of water toward the edges.
    Robert B. McCorquodale

"Flip a fly"

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, will try to find them. Will also start doing some condo's....will drop a note and tell ya what I find out....if they work or not anyway.
    A gun in hand is a lot better than a cop on the phone.

Post Thanks / Like

CD,

You should first contact your local county lakes association (or county soil and water conservation district) to make sure its legal to plant the condos. Lakes associations might get a little touchy about things being dumped in the lakes without their knowledge that they painstakingly monitor and maintain (hazzards to boat traffic, skiers, swimmers, or biological threats, that sort of thing). Well, its just best to do the right thing and be legal so you don't get into any trouble. Best of luck and let us know how things turn out.
    Last edited by dixieangler; 02-26-2006 at 09:39 PM.
    Robert B. McCorquodale

"Flip a fly"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Condo's Already Launched

I just sunk a couple yesterday in a lake nearby and I'm counting the minutes till I get back to find out the results. I sunk it in 11' of water and it was about 8' tall nobody does anything but fishing,so it should be ok plus I put a marker above,it ain't no fun if my friends can't come.

Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 sitting in my backyard now I made back in December...I was going to drop them in a lake I know of ,but I never got around to it(kinda hard to transport/drop w/ a Civic and a Canoe!). I made mine out of 5 gal. paint buckets, quik-crete, some 2" pvc, and some pvc conduit I found in a dumpster. They are both about 4' tall. My plan was to sink them in a flat cove in about 10' of water just out from where I know the bank drops pretty quikly. The only man-made structure I have seen around, though, was a spot off a dock where it looked like someone pounded a bunch of lot-marker stakes in about 4' of water. It did not produce for me, but I only fished it as I passed by so as not to encroach on someones "private" hole.
    Will