Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Here is something I don't know how to handle.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Here is something I don't know how to handle.

If you were mostly fishing lakes that were the same depth everywhere, where would you decide to put condos. Where I am, you can go from one side of the lake to the other and the depth ranges from 10 to 14 feet, with NO drop off's. It may take 50 yrds to gain or loose a foot of depth. On each of the lakes around here, there are some areas that get to around 18', but those are few and far between and only gently drops to that depth (no drop offs), Most of the crappie fisherman troll with a spider rig, or just anchor in or near the before mentioned deeper areas and it really gets crowded.
    Any ideas where to put some condo's that would not have 30 boats over it when I want to go out???
    A gun in hand is a lot better than a cop on the phone.

Post Thanks / Like

With the kind of area you are talking about, if there is a pretty big lack of cover I would think that anywhere you put in cover would draw fish. If crowds are a problem sink brush a good half mile away from where they usually congregate. PVC is harder to see on the depth finder. If they only half way know how to read a depth finder they won't find em. Just make sure you use a gps to mark them so you can find them easier. CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I was just unsure that even out in the middle of no where, it would draw fish. Interesting subject. Just wanted to know what yall thought.
    A gun in hand is a lot better than a cop on the phone.

Post Thanks / Like

Those crappie must get real confused during the spring spawn.....