Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: can t make them bite

Post Thanks / Like

Default can t make them bite

i ve been fishin the last two days in a private club here in town. The water is clear all the time like today i could see the bottom sitting in 6 feet of water. I have been fishing with minnows and have caught 6 each of the last two days i ve been fishing. I can see the schools of fish the fish just swim right up to the minnow look at it and turn around. i tried all different depths cant make them take it. Anyone have an idea of how to make them bite? Seeing literally hundreds of fish makes me think i should be filling up the boat maybe not though

Post Thanks / Like

I would try jigs with different colors. Maybe even a small road runner.

Post Thanks / Like

Default something different

I had an older gentleman tell me that turning the minnow upside down and then lip hooking him, would make the minnow a lot more aggresive. He also stated that the minnow would not live as long, so be sure to keep a fresh one. I generally fish with jigs, but the fish are feasting on thredfin shad at the present, so presenting the minnow in a way that it looks injured should help in getting them to bite. Good Luck , and remember black crappie like the clearer water so fish a little more aggressive ex. faster boat speed, cast curly tails, float and jig. "www.fatdaddysguideservice.com"