Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Day for the Kids

Post Thanks / Like

Default Day for the Kids

I went out to the shop to straighten it up abit after unloading tools from my last job. After making some working room, I decided to try and come up with something to build a sled for the kids. I had forgotten about an aluminum ladder I had salvaged off a swimming pool slide and used it. After detaching the ladder from the handrails, I relocated it more forward and broke out the cutting wheel to cut off the remainder of the ladder. I then attached a piece of plywood for the deck and used a piece of 2" x 4" for the footstop. A 1" x 2" came in handy for the front handle for the rope attachment and to provide a buffer from doing a header into the upright curved rails. After that, I found a piece of thick foam rubber that I duct taped to the 1" x 2" to provide some cushioning in case a head butt happended. It worked like a champ. It has no steering capabilities, but flies down the hills very smooth. The only problem with it is Dad had to venture down the hill each run to drag it back up for them. After about 45 minutes, I was completely tuckered out.

The 44# Ol Roy dog food sacks made for a good sled too!
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

Proud of you Craig for staying involved with those kids, they will always remember the day Dad made em a home-made sled and all the fun they had.

There's going to be alot of things you forget in your golden years but you'll always remember sledding with those girls. Thanks for sharing.
    AMERICANS: Willing to cross a frozen river to kill you, in your sleep, on Christmas, totally not kidding, we've done it.

Post Thanks / Like

Gee, I think my golden years started about 50 years ago cause that crs disease set in a llllllooooooooooonnnnnnnngggggggggg time ago. Matter a fact........whats a "stinkfinger"

Post Thanks / Like

Good job CR, hows the grandbaby doin?

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to see a picture of that sled. Not the Ol' Roy one, I've seen those!