Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: My old Chevy Finally Gave Out...

Post Thanks / Like

Default My old Chevy Finally Gave Out...

Well, my old truck finally bit the dust last week, so looks like I'm in the market for something else. Notice I said something else, not something new lol. I'm thinking about maybe going for a Jeep or Toyota. Mid 90's model. Cherokee, Wrangler, 4Runner, pickup. It doesn't matter. I have a company truck for work, all I really use my personal truck for is to go to the camp and back, so I'm not looking for anything fancy. Just thought I'd throw it out here and see if anyone had anything for sale or knew where something might be.
    -Austin a.k.a. Ox

Post Thanks / Like

I've got my eyes on an 02 4runner 130k miles on it... real clean.. Anyone had any experience with them? I expect it's reliable since it's a Yota, but never owned a 4Runner before...
    -Austin a.k.a. Ox

Post Thanks / Like

Toyota??......get you another ChevyThumbs Up....hehehe
    Romans 6:23

Post Thanks / Like

lol Well I'm lookin for alittle better gas mileage. That old 350 got maaaybe 12mpg on a good day.
    -Austin a.k.a. Ox

Post Thanks / Like

go with a toyota ive got a 1988 model with 380 thousand miles never done anything but kept the oil changed replaced the water pump and replaced the timing chain and gears
    fishing from the couch in front of the tv doesnt count

Post Thanks / Like

Buy that Toyota and put another 130k on it. I have owned several yotas because I got tired of working on the Fords that I owned previously. I have not been disappointed yet. If you ask enough people you will find somebody who will praise or hate almost any make of vehicle. I have never owned a 4 runner, but would not hesitate to buy one if a good one came along. Seems like I remember slab hunter having to keep a jeep in the shop a lot before he bought his GMC.
    :D Bought too cheap and kept too long!!!!:D

:D WALLY:D

Post Thanks / Like

Well I'm one step closer to getting that Yota! Just sold my busted Silverado for a few hundred bucks to go towards a down payment. Hopefully have my old wrecked Ranger sold tomorrow for a few hundred more... then If I can sell my Jeep Motor I'll be set
    -Austin a.k.a. Ox