Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Roadrunner jig heads...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Roadrunner jig heads...

Where's the best place to buy these?

Post Thanks / Like

From Blakemore as it's illegal for home makers to sell them. You can try to trade for them from home molders.

Post Thanks / Like

Satdoc1 on the MS board.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM TWEENER!
    Member of Tri-State Crappie Anglers

Likes woggler LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I buy mine from Bass Pro and at Walmart.

Post Thanks / Like

X2 Best.
    Quote Originally Posted by yikess View Post
    Satdoc1 on the MS board.

Post Thanks / Like

I just buy mine at Walmart

Post Thanks / Like

Blakemore doesn't care about their customers needs if they did they would have a section of different size wts and colors.All I've seen in tackle stores is 1/4 and 1/8 and only seen 3 or 4 different colored heads.And at that most are barbless,I want service,If they cann't meet the fishermans needs they need to get out of the bussiness of makeing the roadrunners jig heads.
    With that said I buy pony heads from anybody that makes them,I can get any size wt./color and can pick what type hook I want.I do not look at the roadrunner being the same as the pony heads.If a judge rules againest a guy saleing pony heads b/c of blakemore he should be replaced b/c they aren't the same.Just b/c someone looks like me dress like me doesn't give me right to tell him not to.If blakemore roadrunners want to compet for other bussiness they should get off their high horse and meet our needs.

Post Thanks / Like

I ended up finding some today at our local "Big R" store. They had a few different colors and sizes. I was hoping to find a member on here to help out. I will check Satdoc1 out! Thanks!!

How do most people fish them? I plan on just a cast and retrieve presentation.

Post Thanks / Like

Ask for ponyheads...that will get you more responses

Gman
    We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing."

Post Thanks / Like

I pour my own and not only make them much cheaper (less than half the cost of RR's) but of much higher quality. I get to use what ever hooks size I need and powder paint what ever color and use what ever blades. The last pack of RR I bought I paid $10 for 14 heads the blades fell off 3 of them right out of the pack, some blades wouldn't spin, and the thin paint rubbed/chipped off after a few casts. The next day i ordered my do-it mold and now make my own. the powder paint hold up very weel even fished on rocks and I can use larger hooks ( #2 on 1/6, #4 on 1/32, #1/0 on 1/8). I costs a little to get started with blades and rings and swivels, but pays for itself quickly.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast