Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Patoka lake info.

Fishing-nut Guest

Default Patoka lake info.

I i'am new to Crappie.com. I love to fish and just be out doors. My question today is. Is there anyone that has fished for catfish on Potoka Lake. I would like to learn some of the ways to fish this lake. I hear about catfish in the lake, but don't know how to fish it. Any input will help. Thank You.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from the Wabash area, I do not know much about Patoka but I will ask around with some of my DNR friends. If I would get some info I will PM you. Hang in there hope to see you on the Lakes..

Fish Detective
    "May Your Fishing Dreams Come True"

Fish Detective

Fishing-nut Guest

Thank You for your reply. I like to fish for crappies, but catfish are fun to. The way i look at it, anytime you can go fishing is a great day.

Post Thanks / Like

Fishing-nut, you are right about fishing I hope you have a Great year. Hey are you near Wabash???

Fish Detective
    "May Your Fishing Dreams Come True"

Fish Detective

Post Thanks / Like

Default Catfish

I live about 16 miles from Patkoa I have fished for catfish their I`ve had more luck aound the walls ramp area in the old river channel for Channel cats nothing big most of them in the 5lbs or less size Greg

Fishing-nut Guest

Fish Detective, I live close to Kokomo. I just retired and plan to do a lot of fishing this year.

Fishing-nut Guest

Catfish, thanks for your reply. We bought a place near Potoka lake. What kind of technique do you use for catfish. I have cought a lot of cats in rivers, but not very many in lakes. Last April we cought several croppies at Potaka, and a few bass. I think we fished some in the old river channel but not sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi I live about 16 miles from Patoka as well. It depends what ramp I use though. Greg, I sent you a message yesterday not sure if I did it right though or if I know how to retrieve a message. Have you fished in the last 2 weeks at Patoka? I am planning on running up there Sunday if the weather is favorable.

Steve Schwoeppe
    Ferdinand IN

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing

No I have not been out their this year last reports I`ve heard its muddy and alot of trash is floating in the lake I`ll wait a few more weeks and let you know what happens!