Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who uses the Zebco Platinum 11 PL what is your opinion of it?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Who uses the Zebco Platinum 11 PL what is your opinion of it?

I am looking at spincast reels and want one that will handle 4 pound line. This one came up and from what I have seen it is the most promising. Would like your input. Thanks

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear to be bright until you hear them speak

ROTO VISE DEALER

Post Thanks / Like

I own 2 of them and they do the job. The likes are that they are small and easy to handle. Dislikes for me is the location of the drag adjustment. I am always hitting it and moving the drag tension.Also the line hangs inside this reel for some reason. I also have to change the line quite often. Zebco is Zebco in my opinion. They keep repackaging the same old problems. Would I buy another??? probably yes because of price and I don't know if anyone else makes one that size.That is my 2 cents worth.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the reply. At least you are honest about it. I might be expecting for something that does not exist.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear to be bright until you hear them speak

ROTO VISE DEALER

Post Thanks / Like

I just found the Platinum but have been using the regular 11's for a long time. The regular one's have plastic parts in them is the difference. I love them for jigging, spider rigging or pitching a jig under a dock. The lines lets out pretty good and they are light. I used them last year on my 10 feet B & M's with a cork and minner, just casting them bout 25 or 30 feet around some stumps. They worked real good except for one thing. I'd busted my knuckles using them. They are so small so they'll fit all the way into your hand and when you reel with the other hand, it's bust on your knuckles real bad. I mean bleeding and taking skin off bad. If you were using them for jigging or spider rigging, they are awesome though
    proud member of "Team Cup"

Post Thanks / Like

The platinum ul underhand is great... dual pick up pins and 4 bearings and all metal gears and drag..... For an overhand reel though... The zebco omega cant be beat....

Post Thanks / Like

I've used all the 11's from reg.,gold and plat.
    The spincast push button will break,sometimes even if its new and it want last long casting day in and day out.The trigger spin well last alot longer then the spincast,all 11's are made as throw aways.After several calls to Z'co asking them to inprove the push buttons b/c I like the little suckers for their size.The gold nor the plat don't last no longer then its cheaper brother the reg.
    However after looking at a 5 gallon bucket full of tore up 11's I decided to try the omega Z02with the 6 ball bearings.I think now I have found the love of my life in a spincast reel,no problems as of yet and its been 3 years.I have 8 of them and you couldn't run fast enough to give me another 11 even if it had new upgrades.I thought I wouldn't like it b/c it was a little bigger then the 11's,finally Z'co has a winner in my book. They came with a extra spool and it is one of the easiest I've ever seen to replace in a hurry.I can go from panfishing to bass fishing in a matter of seconds.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for that post. What weight line do you use?

ROTO VISE DEALER

Post Thanks / Like

On the 11's I mostly used 6lb sufix and 10/2 power pro braid,they both cast about the same,with the braid it cast farther.Tried several different brands of line some would hang up in the reel on the cast.Sometimes it will cast to your lucky spot and on the next cast it may like 10ft getting there or not cast at all.
    I use 10/2 power pro braid on all the Z02's and have never had a problem with hangs and they as smooth as smooth can get in a spincast on the rewind.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the heads up on the ZO2. Looked it up and if my project with UL spincasting works out that is the reel I am going to order.

ROTO VISE DEALER

Post Thanks / Like

They make two different types of the Z02....One has 6 ball bearings and the other has 5.
    I have two of the 5 ball bearings and to be honest I really cann't any differents in them.
    I cann't really rember the price but the 5 is something like 15/20 dollars cheaper then the 6,the 6 comes with a extra spool.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast