Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: I just got a strange phone call

Post Thanks / Like

Default I just got a strange phone call

My cell phone just rang and the voice sounded a little "fishy" so I almost hung up. I couldn't make out what the voice was saying at first. It sounded like she was trapped under something. I finally got accustomed to her "crappy" language. It was a big "sow" telling me that she and her entire family were trapped under about 4-5 inches of ice. She just knew I was coming to "fish" her and all her grandparents, sisters, brothers, and kids out of the cold water and ice. I told her I would be there as soon as I could get to her. I said to look for a blue/white Bobby Garland "life preserver".:D I told her to grab it with her "bucket mouth" and hold on. I promised I would then transport her and her entire famly to my house and warm them in in my deep fryer:D. She said she would spread the word and would be looking for me soon!!

Come on sunshine as you can probably tell I am having fishing withdrawls, bad.

Odie
    Last edited by deerhunterodie; 02-09-2011 at 03:48 PM.
    Common sense isn't always that common!

Post Thanks / Like

Hahahahaha..........hilarious! Go get em Odie!

One by one the entire group fell to the depths of the tricks of ol man winter. The continous snow, the frigid temps, and the isolation drove them all mad. After a month, the small children began to look like pork chops and the elderly took on the appearance of roasted turkey.

Desparation led to the idea of survival at all cost and the night before the feast, the elderly and small children were promised a feast for the next day that would cure their hunger pangs.

The next day at noon, a great feast lay upon the table and all the members ate until their stomachs were full......... all except the small children and the elderly. They were missing. It was a great party and such a great party that they named the feast after their leader; Donner

A week later and they're only hope was the spring spawn of crappie they all greatly needed to survive the winter of O-11.
    AMERICANS: Willing to cross a frozen river to kill you, in your sleep, on Christmas, totally not kidding, we've done it.

Post Thanks / Like

OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH,dear you all are almost beyond help. They shoot horses don't they??????/

Post Thanks / Like

I must be in the same cabin... feelin the same way!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm looking forward to the garden this year, and even cuttin grass sounds good.....I'll have a new mower this year, so it wont take as long and cut into the fishin time.
    "Never Fry Bacon Naked"

Post Thanks / Like

The crappi are safe from DeerhunterOdie as long as the city keeps fishing with a callback check as bait!

Post Thanks / Like

Deerhunter, you are right. Hard to turn down the OT, especially since I can't get on Oologah right now.

Odie
    Common sense isn't always that common!

Hat55 is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm afraid March 26th will be a meeting of a bunch of guys with beards and a wild look in their eyes!!!! We need relief soon!
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Lip RIPPERS View Post
    I'm looking forward to the garden this year, and even cuttin grass sounds good.....I'll have a new mower this year, so it wont take as long and cut into the fishin time.
    I'd trade shoveling snow vs. mowing constantly but it's a tough call. I was out right after it stopped yesterday shoveling and had made it about two truck lengths and a portion of the turn around when a great big Cat front end loader drove by with the operator asking if I wanted my drive cleared. I asked how much? $25 was his reply which in turn I looked at the 100' more I had to go and it became a no brainer. I asked him how much to cut a swath to my shop to boot. He said an extra ten, I offered $5 and he said ok. 15 minutes later, all I had left was cleaning up the crumbs. I have promised myself that by next winter, I'll own a snow plow deck for my "79 Cub Cadet 1650.

By the way Doug, if you're seriously out of Crappie, stop by and I'll give you a couple of bricks of them.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry