Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I spiked it

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I spiked it

I took some of the bodies I received from Snake River and doctored them with Spike It Garlic Dip-n-Glo which is a soft plastic and worm dye. I used a crochet needle and the end of a drill bit. My goal was to give the illusion of a perch. The dye takes 40 seconds to set and is permanent.:D:D:D:D No smears when you rub on it either!!!

Last edited by shipahoy41; 02-08-2011 at 02:42 PM.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

snake River is offline Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Mike they look fantastic. I sure like that ideal. I have not got any of that paint yet my but it would only do the same thing is what you are doing and you can get that stuff there in quite a few different colors . I'm sure those little guys will catch fish. I haven't had a chance to even look at them in the water but we are dying to try them out when things warm up is I understand it, your guys fishing will be kicking off here in February yes I can tell that by the amount of interest of the jelly jigs down your way.

www.bobsjigs.com

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I went to Simmons Sporting Shop in Bessemer AL. It is a lot like Cabelas or BPS. The price is very inexpensive. Think I will go back next week and get some florescent orange to put some bottom fins on it. I figure if I keep these puppies moving in the water and add some slab sauce on it, the crappies will hit it and be on the way to Lake Crisco before you can say Jackie Robinson. I see you have got the siggy thing down pat now. Have fun!

Post Thanks / Like

Look at JJ's Magic, we use it alot & you can get a kit with many different colors. Way better!

http://www.jjsmagic.com/company.htm

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw1&2 View Post
    Look at JJ's Magic, we use it alot & you can get a kit with many different colors. Way better!

JJ's Magic - The Company
    Thanks. I will check it out this evening. Do you have any photos of what you did with it on your baits? Thanks again.

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Looks good Ship.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Depends on the season. but between Warrensburg Mo and south Louisiana is a good place to look
    Post Thanks / Like

i like it, can you inject it with a needle to make a core shot?
    In our government-controlled schools we are taught that Lincoln was our greatest president because his war ended slavery and saved the Union. As usual, the other side of the story – the side that reflects poorly on the government – somehow gets lost. – Richard J. Maybury, The Abe Lincoln Hoax

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MO QWACK View Post
    i like it, can you inject it with a needle to make a core shot?
    I have not tried that. Perhaps Snake River can answer that. I purchase my baits from him and just add my own tails to the Jilly Jelly bodies or add striping to the minnows. I do not pour or inject plastic baits.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Dagnabbit! those look good Mike
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G3 Fisherman View Post
    Dagnabbit! those look good Mike
    I try. The paint and the magic marker theory did not work. The spike it is awesome and does not rub off.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast