Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Inflatable life vest question?????

Post Thanks / Like

Default Inflatable life vest question?????

Looking to purchase an inflatable vest. There are so many options available including automatic/ manual and each have different rated pounds of buoyancy. In addition there is a wide price range with this vest. Also there are several Type levels available. I'm looking to purchase a vest that would safely hold a 250lbs person. I would like to hear from other anglers who already have a inflatable vest and their recommendations. I would hate to spend $300.00 on a vest when I could purchase one for $100.00 that serves the same purpose. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the help.

Post Thanks / Like

I would go with the auto inflatable. Are you going to have time to think to inflate or have time to infalte the manual inflateable as you are getting thrown or fall out of the boat ?
    THE Nimrod Kid

Post Thanks / Like

Get a automatic and get the biggest pound of buoyancy, the reason I say this is more cloths on are going to weigh more when wet.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Mustang with hydrostatic inflator. Everything else pales in comparison.

Post Thanks / Like

Agree with Catfan. The Mustang Hyrdrostatick model is state of the art. Just takes a state of the art budget to afford one. Still a very good investment considering what it protects is worth everything you've got.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

agree mustang are good

Post Thanks / Like

Found a new Mustang with H.I.T Technology on e-bay last year for 180. bucks made
    in Canada for west marine. Can be worn in the rain ( they say ) like it real well.
    Might try there if interested in a Mustang.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wannabe... View Post
    Agree with Catfan. The Mustang Hyrdrostatick model is state of the art. Just takes a state of the art budget to afford one. Still a very good investment considering what it protects is worth everything you've got.

Wannabe...
    If you ever fish in the rain this is the only way to go.

Post Thanks / Like

Any GOOD auto inflating vest will stand up to TROPICAL type down pours (as in hurricane force winds) without inflating, they will inflate ONLY upon being COMPLETELY submerged for 1-2 seconds; you can turn a garden hose on it, and so long as it`s not in standing water it`s good to go; as soon as it`s COMPLETELY submerged- BAM! It does as advertised, but ONLY then...

Post Thanks / Like

Try them on before you purchase one. I tried 3 brands on before I found one that was comfortable. Just remember they only work when you have them on.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast