Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Hit By Lightning (Puter) , Missed out on some Posts

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hit By Lightning (Puter) , Missed out on some Posts

Old computer struck down by lightning past week. New computer, (bought in pieces) finally put together. Works pretty good. Lost a lot of good stuff. Can't remember what all I was posting or maybe bull shi***** about. Help me catch up with the latest ( if you can remember yourselves).

Thanks to all,

Cane Pole
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Glad you managed to get the new computer up and running

I try to always unplug my computer from the power when it even looks like we may have a thunderstorm. I use a small surge protector but I really don't trust it. I also unplug the wire to my cable modem. That way there are no wires whatsoever going into my system. Lighting would have to strike my computer directly inside my house to get it. I just could not afford to loose my Dell. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole
    Old computer struck down by lightning past week. New computer, (bought in pieces) finally put together. Works pretty good. Lost a lot of good stuff. Can't remember what all I was posting or maybe bull shi***** about. Help me catch up with the latest ( if you can remember yourselves).

Thanks to all,

Cane Pole
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Cane Pole I know your situation. Last Monday when we got home from the brawl I logged on and just started to read some posts when mine shut down. Hard drive shot. A friend put one in for me as I know absolutely nothing about computers (like crappie fishing LOL). He found me one for $89 and we get back $60 in rebates so I lucked out there. I lost everything except my address book, which is evidently saved by my server. He got it back to me Friday and I have been all weekend trying to figure things out. From now on I will save everything on a disc.
    Good Luck
    Bob

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Cane Pole,

If you click on "Last Post" at the top of messages over the column that has the names of the most recent poster on each thread and then click on the arrow next to it until it points down, the threads will be in order from the most recent post down and it makes it real easy to keep up with current and recent threads.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com