Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: maybe a little good information

Post Thanks / Like

Default maybe a little good information

yesterday while i was getting ready to load my boat at the ramp a very nice old gentelman made a comment about the stream of water coming out of his 40 hp merc that happend to be the same as mine ,not putting out enough. He had taken it in 2 times to have it fixed, but was still not right, so i took the piece of 14guage THHN stranded wire i use on mine and cleaned his out in about 2 min. If you have a merc. and have this problem give it a try. Just about any home depot or lowes whould this type wire. You only need a piece about 18'' to do this.
    honey.'':o the weather is to bad to work in the yard so I think I'll go fishing''

Post Thanks / Like

yup I got a 50 and have this problem if I run in shallow water or in alot of trash.

Post Thanks / Like

paw paw...thanks for the info. I have a 50 hp Merc so I assume it will work for it. Is 14 gauge THHN wire somewhat flexible? I don't want it to puncture the tube.
    Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

duke, be sure and get stranded, its made in solid but the stranded is what will work best. its the exact same size as the tube and will clean it out very nicely. it will go up the tube about 12" so 18" is just right to use
    honey.'':o the weather is to bad to work in the yard so I think I'll go fishing''