Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Global Map 3500

Post Thanks / Like

Question Global Map 3500

Posted this on the main board but did'nt get any responce. Thinking of buying one of these. Planning on doing some night fishin this year and need a GPS to find me way back. Thought a good GPS would make the trip back easier in the dark. I really like the 5X5 screen on the 3500. Anybody here familiar with this model...izzy

Post Thanks / Like

Izzy I dont have that unit buy I have a 332c, it is a good unit. To me there is only one down fall to lowrance and the maps. If you are considering purchasing the seprate lake maps which go for 100-200. They come on a mmc card that you slide into the unit. Then that will display the map on the unit only. But if you purchase a garmin gps and then buy the maps 100 bucks. They come on a CD that is first installed on a computer then you dowload the maps to the gps. With the maps on the computer you can view, added waypoints, make routes for following channels. With the lowrance you have to buy a software goes for 150 to view the same stuff on your computer. But this is just my 2 cents worth. Good luck in what you do buy because a gps is well worth the $$$.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

My uncle has the 3500 and its nice but its not easy to upload maps on like the previous post.

I have a Lowrance LMS-160 but I am upgrading soon to the LMS-332C its also got a 5x5 screen in color. I do agree you will need the software in order to plan routes etc. But I have that already as my Lowrance handheld came with it.

Good luck I think you will like it you decide on it. My uncle really likes his.

Post Thanks / Like

Headed to Bass Pro in the morning, thanks for the info guys. I guess i'll talk with the sales people there (oh Lord) and decide then. I want a unit with a large screen, brand is'nt an issue. Ted i'll check out the Garmin's. Let ya know what I get. Thanks again...izzy

Post Thanks / Like

When we were looking at what to get I kept getting the same thing from everyone, that is lowrance is the best for fishfinder part and they all use same sattelites so make your decision off that is what we were told. we also ended up with a 332c this year will be first time to use it though so i cannot say good or bad.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a 332c with gps-external antenna last fall now they have a 334c with internal antenna same price i think. wish i would have waited.What do they say hind sight is 20-20. Have't got to use it yet hope to in the next couple weeks. Jim C.

Post Thanks / Like

Well returned from BPS without a GPS, looked at 3 and they did'nt have any of them in stock and was'nt about to take a display unit. Did check out the handhelds, now i'm thinking about starting off with one of those (the screen actually pretty easy to see). My wonderful wife was looking around while i was at the GPS displays, and returned with a Tight Loc 4 bank set of rod holders for me and then on the way home she wanted to stop at Best Buy. She got me a Canon digital camera, so i can post some pics on here. I think i'll keep her. Guess i'll go back to BPS for the Spring Sale, the guy said they would be stocked up then and probably save a few bucks to boot...izzy

Post Thanks / Like

Default gps

howdy izzysfishin just wanted to put in my 1cents worth I have the garmin gps168 sounder and it is great also have the fishing hot spots.C D easy to down load and transfer data . I have tried a bunch and this is the easy one for me to use. good luck .

Post Thanks / Like

Hey beagle man, looked at a 178C (think that was the model) and it's pretty nice. Leaning towards the plug in maps, just because half the stuff i try and do on a PC never works for me (i'm an idiot with these things). I know it costs more for the individual maps, but i only fish a few lakes anyway...izzy

Post Thanks / Like

For what it's worth. I've got the garmin 60 csx hand held model.
    TAE73 is right on about the Garmin unit. Great!! Try gpsnow.com
    not bad pricing.

Z21
    How's it going : One foot in the grave, one foot on a banana peel, twenty people pushing !!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast