Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Leaving The Site

Post Thanks / Like

Default Leaving The Site

This was directed to me, I became upset that the OT forum was deleted and about some other things that were going on with the Virginia forum, so I asked the mods (Keith and Tony at the time) to delete my account because there was not a "delete my account" option listed in the instructions for the forum. Nothing happened, except, my post was deleted becaus it wasn't relevant to anything and my account is still active and I'm happy w/that right now. I would prolly have re-registered with a new screen name and it would have been tough for me to remember and made it hard to sign on. I have enjoyed the friendly banter on the OT site as much as I have the fishing information, but, now, it's much quicker to review the new posts as there are not near as many as before, so, I'll admit, that's a good thing? Thanks, Slab, at least I know now how to have my account deleted if I ever choose to.
    Don't outsmart your common sense!
    Jack

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Redy2Fish, I wasnt there, havent read, so dont know what went on........but man, take this stuff with a grain of salt!:rolleyes: Dont let this stuff get under your skin. It's supposed to be fun so make it that way. And if you cant say something good then dont sa.........you know the saying.:o Anyway, glad you saw the light............so lighten up.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad everything worked out for you. If you or anyone else have any problems please don't hesitate to let me know. I'm sure we can work it out.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks gabowman and Bill. I found out that you can't leave the site w/o approval, that's pretty neat I think?
    take this stuff with a grain of salt!
    And that is a good idea and what I do! Now I know why Shoer is still listed as a member. Tomorrow supposed to be a great weather day, too bad I won't be able to see if I can still catch some fish. The post was deleted, why you didn't read it I suppose? Just one of several in that particular thread with this message:

This message has been deleted by Slab.

Reasonunrelated to anything
    Last edited by Redy2Fish; 02-05-2011 at 11:58 PM.
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like

if you cant say something good then dont sa.........you know the saying.:o Anyway, glad you saw the light............so lighten up.
    I always see the light, my old eyes work very well.
    Jack

backtocrappie is offline Moderator OT Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Uh... begging anyone's pardon.. but WTF is going on? I'm seeing things regarding the Va forum that never happen any other time. That's all I'll say. Meanwhile I'm getting left overs dumped in the bit bucket, from this board. Not complaining, just sayin...
    "We're going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good"
    Sen. Hillary Clinton - Speech at Democratic Fundraiser, June 2004

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Redy2Fish View Post
    This was directed to me, I became upset that the OT forum was deleted and about some other things that were going on with the Virginia forum, so I asked the mods (Keith and Tony at the time) to delete my account because there was not a "delete my account" option listed in the instructions for the forum. Nothing happened, except, my post was deleted becaus it wasn't relevant to anything and my account is still active and I'm happy w/that right now. I would prolly have re-registered with a new screen name and it would have been tough for me to remember and made it hard to sign on. I have enjoyed the friendly banter on the OT site as much as I have the fishing information, but, now, it's much quicker to review the new posts as there are not near as many as before, so, I'll admit, that's a good thing? Thanks, Slab, at least I know now how to have my account deleted if I ever choose to.

Sorry if I did not reply to your request about your account. Things were happening really fast. Your request was not something a regular moderator can do. Seems to have worked out for the best this wy anyhow.
    Keith
    2008 NWR Bash Crappie Champion
    2010 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion
    2010 Buggs Bash Smallest Crappie Award