Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Custom Rod

Post Thanks / Like

Default Custom Rod

I am going to start building some custom rods for friends and family members. I would like some creative input on some ideas for rods (length, action, power, grips... etc.) I am thinking about starting with some 7 foot light power fast action rods, good all around panfish pole, I have been toying with the idea of maybe a 9-10 ft 4-6 wt fly rod turned into a spinning rod...

Aaron

TA2D

Post Thanks / Like

Mods delete as you see fit, not sure why I have double posts.....

(the other post was deleted, since it had no replies ..... cp)
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 02-06-2011 at 02:27 AM. Reason: see remark above

Post Thanks / Like

GL loumis experimented with this several years ago. Dont know how well it worked out. I would be interested in a 9 ft l or ul with a fast tip. I would like to se you product . let me hear from you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TA2D View Post
    ... I have been toying with the idea of maybe a 9-10 ft 4-6 wt fly rod turned into a spinning rod...
    I would be interested in something like that, particularly if it had sliding rings so you could put the reel wherever you want.

Post Thanks / Like

ta2d....... i've started buildin for a little while and my fave rod so far has been an ultralight....6'6" long. it's a mhx blank. before the seat and hand goes on the thing starts at 0.4oz!! that's one reason i started buildin em. i couldnt find an ultra light longer than 5 or 5'6" long. it'll cast a 1/32oz jig for days. that's my all around panfish rod......... and i've caught 2-3lb smallmouth on it as well. as for the flyrod/spinning reel combo. ive heard of some saltwater guys making rods like this for record attempts. big fish/light line sorta thing. i dont have details, i'm sorry. good luck man!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    toad

Post Thanks / Like

Right now, my current favorite is a 7 foot light action Shakespeare/wallmart special... I like the 7 foot length from my canoe and it has horsed in quite a few largemouths over 3 and up to 7.5. I prefer to use cajun line 4 lb test.

Aaron

TA2D

Post Thanks / Like

Check out the first 2 models of 7-0' on this page. They also have free rod building vids as well on this site.
    Batson Enterprises - RX7 Inshore Popping Blanks
    "Never Fry Bacon Naked"

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the link, just what I need more fuel for the fire!!!! The wife is gonna hate this.

Aaron

TA2D