Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: law question???

Post Thanks / Like

Default law question???

hey fellas, I know this doesnt have anything to do with crappie fishing but wanted to know if anyone of higher intelligence could help me out with what this paragraph means.

This comes from the commercial fishing regs of tennessee. Reason Im asking is I know of some folks that may/may not being doing something illegal and it involves enough fish to atleast bring up a concern........

LICENSE AND PERMITS

Nonresident – Tennessee does not offer nonresident commercial fishing licenses to residents of states which do not permit the sale of nonresident licenses to residents of Tennessee. Nonresidents residing in states that do not permit the sale of nonresident licenses to residents of Tennessee are prohibited from engaging in the business of a “commercial fisher” (see definition above) in Tennessee.

Thanks folks. This happens to involve fish being caught in tenn and brought back to ohio for sale.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

It means if you are a commercial fisherman and your state does not sell non resident commercial licenses then you will not be able to buy one in Tennessee.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Yep. Many states offer reciprocity agreements with residents of other states. Basically saying, you let me fish in your waters as a non-resident, I'll let you fish in mine as a non-resident. So if Ohio does not have a reciprocity agreement with Tenn regarding commercial fishing, then if someone is caught fishing in out of state waters and bringing the catch back to their respective state, they are in for trouble. If such a reciprocal agreement does exist, then it shouldn't really matter. However, most states only do this for the purpose of pleasure activities, not for commercial endeavours.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skidz View Post
    Yep. Many states offer reciprocity agreements with residents of other states. Basically saying, you let me fish in your waters as a non-resident, I'll let you fish in mine as a non-resident. So if Ohio does not have a reciprocity agreement with Tenn regarding commercial fishing, then if someone is caught fishing in out of state waters and bringing the catch back to their respective state, they are in for trouble. If such a reciprocal agreement does exist, then it shouldn't really matter. However, most states only do this for the purpose of pleasure activities, not for commercial endeavours.
    I see I see........... These fish would be coming from the cumberland river though, surely tenn wouldnt have a recip. license with a state like ohio. I could understand ohio and ky...........

Post Thanks / Like

your regulation booklet should tell what states they have that agreement with. usually it is with states that join them. i know tenn used too and may still charge out of state fishermen what that fisherman's state charged tenn residents to fish that state. don't know if that's still the law on licenses.

Post Thanks / Like

Call your Game and Fish agency and ask 'em.

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed. The local Fish and game Office should be able and willing to clearly state which states do and which don`t. If you suspect someone is illegally poaching fish COMMERCIALLY wouldn`t hesitate to turn them in! It amounts to LOOTING those waters for their own personal profit and stripping the fish that belong to you and everyone else!

Post Thanks / Like

Ill do that come monday!!! Thanks fellas!!!! I hate to go gettin someone in trouble thats not even taking fish out of my state waters but Im just a big conservationest and In my eyes these fellas are doing something that I find to be pretty wrong. Maybe by law they arent but ill check on monday..... Thanks

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe they have a commercial fishing license for the state they are fishing in. Freshwater commercial fisherman can only take and transport non-game fish species....ie. catfish, carp, buffalo etc. Its a whole different ballgame than sport fishing.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

in ark the only way you can get the commercial regs is write or call the woodypeckerwood game and fish office in little rock and they will send you the regs. it will near bout take a lawyer to understand them too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast