Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: A bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work .

crappiejerker Guest

Default A bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work .

My dad and I went to centerville yesterday to catch a few slabs ; and fell short of that . We started out in the pit off of the river sacalait steve told me about and did not get a bite . Then we went into bayou boutte and fished around a few of the house boats where I caught fish before . I caught one small one and one real nice slab . And that was it for there; then we went into the orange barrell an fished in the back past the exxon site an only caught one catfish and a bream . Then we headed for bayou february and april but didn't do any good . The water was to clear . And that made up our day of fishing. We docked at 7:00 and picked up at 12:00 and headed home . So thats why they call it fishing and not catching . Good fishing and good luck .

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation crappiejerker....

Quote Originally Posted by crappiejerker
    My dad and I went to centerville yesterday to catch a few slabs ; and fell short of that . We started out in the pit off of the river sacalait steve told me about and did not get a bite . Then we went into bayou boutte and fished around a few of the house boats where I caught fish before . I caught one small one and one real nice slab . And that was it for there; then we went into the orange barrell an fished in the back past the exxon site an only caught one catfish and a bream . Then we headed for bayou february and april but didn't do any good . The water was to clear . And that made up our day of fishing. We docked at 7:00 and picked up at 12:00 and headed home . So thats why they call it fishing and not catching . Good fishing and good luck .

That problem is fairly common over the state, you can see them on your sonar, but they won't play. If you can be there at the right time, they can be caught, but I haven't been able to put together a pattern that will consistently produce results. If one had the time to spend on the water, I believe they could figure out when to fish and when to stay home, but who has that kind of time? Been an unusual year for sacalait.