Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Makes no difference eye or no eye

Post Thanks / Like

Default Makes no difference eye or no eye

I have ben making jig for several years at the begenning I put eye on them, and stoped putting eye on them I found out that it dosen't make a bit of difference on the fish catching. They look nice with eye on them and more professional. WHAT IS YOUR OPPENION

mikeg

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Since I usually use ....

unpainted jigheads, with appreciable success, I don't think there's much difference ... one way or the other.
    But, I will say .. whatever gives you confidence in the bait - go for it. You will fish that bait "better", if you have confidence in it. Size, weight, body color(s), head color(s), hook color(s), black eyes, red eyes, white eyes, no eyes, or whatever ...... if it makes you feel more confident that the bait will produce, then it probably will !! Just MHO .......... cp

Post Thanks / Like

I add eyes to mine, I think at certain times the eyes can help. But like CP said its what ever makes you feel confident in what you are throwning. I have see at times where the head color didnt matter and then other times it did also.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

I think what ever the mood the fish are in is what counts. When I find fish that are hungry and it almost doesn't matter at all what I put in front of them they eat. It's those days you find them and they don't seem to want much that's when the little details make all the differance. IMHO
    NEED MORE COWBELL!!
    JD

Post Thanks / Like

I wholeheartedly agree CP your right on. When i think i am going to catch fish i usually do, even if i keep changing my tacktics something will work. Most of what i do now in my crappie fishing has been greatly influenced by what i read and learn on here as well as talking to other crappie fisherman on the water or wherever i see them.Thanks to everyone paw paw perch
    Last edited by paw paw perch; 02-24-2006 at 12:10 PM.
    honey.'':o the weather is to bad to work in the yard so I think I'll go fishing''

Post Thanks / Like

On a couple of lakes that I fish the eye does make a difference. I use a 1/32 oz hot pink jig with a black eye on it with a berkely chartruse and punkinseed trailer. I will catch a ton of fish on it and switch to the same thing but with the white around the black eye and won't catch to many. Go back to the black eye and will start catching again.
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p