Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Storm Wild Eye Swim Shad

barrelslime is offline Moderator White Bass/Striper/Hybrid Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Angry Storm Wild Eye Swim Shad

BPS sent a flyer and had 2" Storm Wild eye swim shad on sale so I orders some. I looked at the web page to select colors. Got them today and am very disappointed with the colors. They are not at all like the colors on the web. Will send them back. Be careful if you are thinking of doing the same thing.
    Calcutta sells a similar swim shad flashfoil and they look great. :p Kind of a hassel to get though. Finally found them at a bait sop on the east coast.
    Personal Best 17 1/2"
    " Let us endeavor so to live, that when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry." Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

I had similar results from an online retailer a few years ago. Got merchandise that looked totally different than I expected. Now I don't order anything unless I have already seen it in-person somewhere or I have a good recommendation from someone I trust.
    It's just easier to not have to return a bunch of stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

brother, barrelslime,

i have had this happen a lot with catalog orders on soft plastics. No manufacturer in specific just seems that the catalog image doesn't quite represent the true color of the soft plastics I have ordered online or from a catalog.
    Missouri-Fishing.com! Total Fishing Resource for Missouri Anglers!

Post Thanks / Like

I have tried various Storm Wild Eye Swim Shad and have never caught a fish on them. They are also one of the packages you see often in bargain bins because they don't sell very well. I think they are designed to catch fishermen better than fish.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

The storm baits are nice looking baits, but myself like others have not caught a fish on them.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Same here. We have both the little ones and big bass sizes and nuthin' so far. At least we got ours on sale. - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Post Thanks / Like

I've caught a few bass and some saugeye on them , but they don't work as good as i though they would.

Post Thanks / Like

a couple years ago we got into a school of stripers and i had two back to back striper hook ups on storm minnows, 4 inch i think was the size. lost both of em at the boat. figgered the line broke but on the second one the loop knot was complete so i checked the hook and that whole pack the eye where you tie to wasnt closed. there was a fairly good gap. you couldnt see it when you tied on cause the joint was buried in plastic. i dont use em no more. junk in my opinion
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

i think i have bought ever color of storm minnows thats on the market, stupid me, i have yet to catch any thing but a stump with mine...

Post Thanks / Like

You forgot the sunken brush pile across the lake from my house Mudbug:D lol. Add me to the list of non catches. I did however watch a local show called east-texas angler and they were wearing some stripers out on the rocks at the dam on lake palestine so maybe chartreuse and lime work?
    :p :p I would rather be fishing :D :D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast