PDA

View Full Version : Storm Wild Eye Swim Shad

barrelslime
02-23-2006, 09:16 PM
:mad: BPS sent a flyer and had 2" Storm Wild eye swim shad on sale so I orders some. I looked at the web page to select colors. Got them today and am very disappointed with the colors. They are not at all like the colors on the web. Will send them back. Be careful if you are thinking of doing the same thing.
Calcutta sells a similar swim shad flashfoil and they look great. :p Kind of a hassel to get though. Finally found them at a bait sop on the east coast.

dockfishin
02-23-2006, 09:43 PM
I had similar results from an online retailer a few years ago. Got merchandise that looked totally different than I expected. Now I don't order anything unless I have already seen it in-person somewhere or I have a good recommendation from someone I trust.
It's just easier to not have to return a bunch of stuff.:)

dwm376s
02-23-2006, 11:53 PM
brother, barrelslime,

i have had this happen a lot with catalog orders on soft plastics. No manufacturer in specific just seems that the catalog image doesn't quite represent the true color of the soft plastics I have ordered online or from a catalog.

GRIZZ
02-24-2006, 12:40 AM
I have tried various Storm Wild Eye Swim Shad and have never caught a fish on them. They are also one of the packages you see often in bargain bins because they don't sell very well. I think they are designed to catch fishermen better than fish.

TAE73
02-24-2006, 08:17 AM
The storm baits are nice looking baits, but myself like others have not caught a fish on them.

Roberta
02-24-2006, 08:52 AM
Same here. We have both the little ones and big bass sizes and nuthin' so far. At least we got ours on sale. - Roberta

Fishingmarshall
02-24-2006, 01:18 PM
I've caught a few bass and some saugeye on them , but they don't work as good as i though they would.

rango
02-24-2006, 01:39 PM
a couple years ago we got into a school of stripers and i had two back to back striper hook ups on storm minnows, 4 inch i think was the size. lost both of em at the boat. figgered the line broke but on the second one the loop knot was complete so i checked the hook and that whole pack the eye where you tie to wasnt closed. there was a fairly good gap. you couldnt see it when you tied on cause the joint was buried in plastic. i dont use em no more. junk in my opinion

etexmudbug
02-25-2006, 06:34 PM
i think i have bought ever color of storm minnows thats on the market, stupid me, i have yet to catch any thing but a stump with mine...

BIGandUGLY
02-25-2006, 09:24 PM
You forgot the sunken brush pile across the lake from my house Mudbug:D lol. Add me to the list of non catches. I did however watch a local show called east-texas angler and they were wearing some stripers out on the rocks at the dam on lake palestine so maybe chartreuse and lime work?

fish_detective
02-25-2006, 09:41 PM
Add me also, in a no-catch. I bought some and took them up into Canada and you know what those darn pike and walleye had nothing to do with them. Seems to me this product was only to catch the fisherman like so many other baits out there.... Sorry, I do not want to offend anyone but this is my opinion.

Fish Detective

crap-king
02-26-2006, 02:55 AM
not impressed with storm baits - have caught blue fish at the coast but I can catch blue fish on a shiney diaper pin - they are not made well and they do not perform well - now I like the calcuttas - I even hace a pack of calcutta 2" tubes I am going to try

Nightstalker
02-26-2006, 04:00 PM
I have a friend who wears the crappie out in the deep water vertical jigging them in about forty to fifty feet of water next to concrete bridge pilings. I haven't caught anything with them because they're too heavy to slow retrieve like the fish that I'm fishing prefer. and they fall through the fish too fast. They look nice though.

etexmudbug
02-26-2006, 06:58 PM
i tried them again today and wammy no fish again. i think i need to open up a tackle store for swim baits

barrelslime
02-26-2006, 07:20 PM
Same old story hook the fisherman before the fish:cool:

Litebite
02-26-2006, 10:45 PM
Well I have to disagree :rolleyes: I love the storm minnows but use them when the bite is more agressive,,,,sorry to be the oddball but I have had great results in fresh water and salt water..I use the curly tails............Maybe you should hang on to them and try again under a float...

barrelslime
02-27-2006, 05:44 PM
litebite I probly will hang on to them and add them to my collection. Thanks for the advise.