Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question for LOZ guys ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Question for LOZ guys ?

Do you think there will be anywhere that a guy can pay to fish off of docks this weekend and catch some fish or will it all be froze up? Not looking for honey holes just pointed in a general direction for dock fishing. Someone told me about a place you can fish docks for $5 but I don't remember where it was at on the lake. I have never dropped a bait in that lake.
    Fish like your hungry!

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know about LOZ or Truman, but on Grand Lake, there are a couple of docks that are covered and heated and open 24/7.

I know this may not be of any help for where you may be, but, maybe someone can use the info.

Post Thanks / Like

Alhonna Resort on HH has paid heated dock, not sure the cost.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

I have -11 this mornin so i'd guess that open water around docks will be pretty hard to find not to mention driving to them will probably be tough they had 20",give Alhonna a call 573-365-2634 they'll give you the lowdown.
    Last edited by bugman; 02-03-2011 at 07:57 AM.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Alhonna resort

I called them. You can't get to the docks. They have one enclosed dock with wood stoves in them. They don't light the stoves, but they provide the wood, so if you go down fishing, you can light the stoves yourself. I'm going to do this, the next weekend that's available for me.... February 25th.

Alhonna Resort Home
    "I come from a state that raises corn, cotton, cockleburs and Democrats. Frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me."- Willard Duncan Vandiver

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully we'll have some warmer weather by then.....
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bugman View Post
    Hopefully we'll have some warmer weather by then.....
    Yeah I agree!

After re-reading my post, I need to clarify. You can't get to the docks right now, due to snow. Maybe by the weekend. Also, the cost is $5 per person per day.
    "I come from a state that raises corn, cotton, cockleburs and Democrats. Frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me."- Willard Duncan Vandiver

Post Thanks / Like

Funny,

I called them (Alohnna) as well. They told me the same thing. I have never been there before. If I get chance to go before the 25th of Feb I'll post my results. I have the itch to feel the "thump". This weather needs to clear up!!!

Post Thanks / Like

For those of you that fish docks do you think the heated dock at Alohnna would have a good chance of being productive? I know that a hard question to answer but don't want to drive 2 hrs to fish somewhere that you local guys would not. Thanks
    Fish like your hungry!

Post Thanks / Like

I figure if anything there will be some bluegill, which will at least be something to catch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast