Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trolling Motor Batteries

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trolling Motor Batteries

Hey guys, I think Im gonna replace the batteries in my boat this year and Im not sure what kind I want to get! Any suggestions? I leave them in my boat year round with a duel bank charging system on em'

Post Thanks / Like

I have Interstate in my rig and love them. I bought them in May of 2008 and they are still working well. I fish year around and some keeping them in use and charged helps I think.
    Fish like your hungry!

Post Thanks / Like

I use wally world s' TM and crankin' batts, no issues for ~3yrs. Mine stay in the boat, I usually charge them up before I go to the lake, don't fish from Nov till march or april, and charge them up 1-2 times a month during the winter.
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I also use and have had good luck with the Walmart Everlast batteries over the last several years. I use what is in the used boats I have bought until they go bad then replace with the Yellow 27 series Everlast batteries. Knock on wood I have never had trouble with one of them. But I trade boats about every 2-4 years.

Post Thanks / Like

I use the Wal-Mart batteries too and have not had any problems, just charge them after ever trip.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dongotto View Post
    i have interstate in my rig and love them. I bought them in may of 2008 and they are still working well. I fish year around and some keeping them in use and charged helps i think.
    x2
    2014 Crappie Masters Mark Twain Champion
    2 time CDC Truman Lake series points champion

Post Thanks / Like

Someone told me autozone had a 31 series deep cycle for 56 dollars. sounds like a good deal

Post Thanks / Like

LOL still have not had time yet to replace my batteries either! Maybe the powers to be should make this thread a sticky so that everyone has an idea on where the best place is to purchase boat batteries and the best type.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I've had good luck with WM batteries but they no longer carry a warrant here. I currently am trolling off an Interstate and like it so far. It's only 6 mos old though, but that one battery is lasting me all day (29 series). I mostly longline troll out of a 16' skiff.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought two Wal Mart batteries last year used them twice and one of them went bad, but they replaced it with no problem.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast