Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blizzard February 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Default Blizzard February 2011

Old man winter sure knows how to ruin you're fishin plans. I guess I can reorganize by tackle bag and clean some reels. Hope everyone stays safe and warm while this storm blows through. I know it looks like this storm is gonna affect a bunch of us. We had 20" of snow and 4' snowdrifts outside the house here in NE Oklahoma.
    Name:  SNOW STORM JAN 2011 010.jpg
Views: 465
Size:  31.5 KBName:  SNOW STORM JAN 2011 011.jpg
Views: 536
Size:  22.2 KB.

Post Thanks / Like

not much better here in texas. friday - monday was so nice and was perfect weather but tuesday - friday are old man winter days

Post Thanks / Like

All of u are getting hammerd. Here in west tn we are getting little rain right now but, 20-40 mph winds. It is super strong. I have made some crappie condos and it has blew one about 50-60 yards in field. It is a 5 gal bucket with 60 lbs concrete in it. Wind gusts are somthing else. Hope all in storm stay warm and safe. God bless all

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappieWhisperer View Post
    Old man winter sure knows how to ruin you're fishin plans. I guess I can reorganize by tackle bag and clean some reels. Hope everyone stays safe and warm while this storm blows through. I know it looks like this storm is gonna affect a bunch of us. We had 20" of snow and 4' snowdrifts outside the house here in NE Oklahoma.
    Name:  SNOW STORM JAN 2011 010.jpg
Views: 465
Size:  31.5 KBName:  SNOW STORM JAN 2011 011.jpg
Views: 536
Size:  22.2 KB.
    I thought it was a cold winter in SC. Sure glad I live here and not there.
    Who's ready for SPRING?
    Hope you all stay warm.
    Carter

“Within the covers of the Bible are all the answers for all the problems men face."
    Ronald Reagan

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm with you Carter. I hate watching all the news about this snowstorm. Just hope everybody uses their heads and stays safe.:o I'm just glad we aint seeing all that white stuff again.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

SW Ohio (Dayton area) 70,000+ without power, local TV stations are having guys knocking ice off their broadcast dishes to try to stay on the air, on emergency generaters. Snow Emergency Level 2- considered EXTREMELY hazardous on rds, many slide offs and worse more freezing rain before morning as wind picks up and tree limbs/ power wires load up with 1- 1 1/2 " ice; did mention the temps are supposed to plummet with day break and the winds are supposed to pick up to 25- 30 MPH? Looks like an interesting early morning! Please be SAFE out there, stay home if you can, if you MUST go out, slow down, if you`re passing the person in the slow lane who`s on ice skates, you`re probabily going TOO FAST!

Post Thanks / Like

Yea Lowell, I'm there. Hoping the tree branches dont mess my new roof up. Stay safe.

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2:29 am

The wind just woke me up man I'm glad i don't have to work today. I wish i could help you guy's that are snowed in but i will send prayers out for all..
    Be safe.

Post Thanks / Like

Anvil, actually, several surrounding states including Kentucky, Michigan and Tennessee all have sent electical utility trucks and crews to the region, the area got socked but understand Indianapolis got hammered harder, and parts of I-70 are just all but impassable; 1 big long ribbon of ice. Caught the news, apparently the Indy County Engineer is allowing Nat`l Guard armor to run parts of the highway 1 pass on naked steel tracks (no rubber road pads) to literally smash up the ice with a couple of snow plows following abreast...THAT`S desperation! Hopefully, it works; can hear the wind here starting to howl...the utility guys deserve more praise than they will get...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lowellhturner View Post
    Anvil, actually, several surrounding states including Kentucky, Michigan and Tennessee all have sent electical utility trucks and crews to the region, the area got socked but understand Indianapolis got hammered harder, and parts of I-70 are just all but impassable; 1 big long ribbon of ice. Caught the news, apparently the Indy County Engineer is allowing Nat`l Guard armor to run parts of the highway 1 pass on naked steel tracks (no rubber road pads) to literally smash up the ice with a couple of snow plows following abreast...THAT`S desperation! Hopefully, it works; can hear the wind here starting to howl...the utility guys deserve more praise than they will get...
    Would love to see a video of that!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast