Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: How about Shinee Hinee jigs?

Post Thanks / Like

Default How about Shinee Hinee jigs?

Just wondering how many people use the shinee hinee jigs? I have been tring them and i have been having some what luck on them. I have the 1/16 and the 1/8 oz. Dont really know for sure how to fish them. Im not really a fixed jig fisherman. If anyone likes these and knows how to fish them please let me in on some info. Or any info on how to fish jigs like these. I dont know if i need to tip it of what really to do other than experiment. Would like some advise please.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a box full of them, and do quite well in cooler water with the jigs. I like the all all silver with red eye, it has put some fish in the boat when nothing else will. The only way I ever fish, them is to vertical jig standing timber. I usually don't tip my jigs, but that doesn't mean you can't, you could put a nibble or a wax worm on there.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Got any pics of these jigs?

Post Thanks / Like

Used them before...nice jig.

"Guns have only two enemies rust and politicians."

Post Thanks / Like

got some I haven't used yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Had great luck with them early last spring. Fished then vertically around stake beds. After a few weeks the crappie seem to prefer something else.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have all the colors, and use them from time to time. Not so much now that I tie. The bright heads work well in dingy water. Vertical jig on a straight line for the best contact.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

I use them quite a bit, usually tipped with a real small Rosy Red minnow. Last I checked they were still only making four color combinations. I use chartreuse/silver/chartreuse, gray/silver/gray and orange/silver/chartreuse. Stripers really like the chartreuse/silver/chartreuse tipped with a Rosy Red for some reason.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

The last couple of seasons out on Lake Lewisville in Texas this was a great preformer for me. So much so I bought simular bare heads in bulk painted them and tied them. The ones that worked the best seem to be the 1/16th ounce size with Orange Head, silver Chennile body with Charteruse buck tail and a couple of strips of maylar for flash. This particular weight and color pattern was outfishing everything else by a very wide margin. Im not a "jig fishing pimp" so all I did was drop it down to the proper depth the fish were holding at over brush in 13 feet of water and jigging it up a foot or so. Getting a stringer full limit of 20 fish was a sunday afternoon walk in the park and rarely took more than a hour.

When I toss the Kayak in the lake I always head out with a dozen of these when I am chasin Crappie!