Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swivl-eze snap lock 1.77 in boat seat pedestal problem

Post Thanks / Like

Question Swivl-eze snap lock 1.77 in boat seat pedestal problem

I've got these pedestals and bases. Man 2 of my bases I have to take a pipe wrench to get the pedestals out. I've tried cleaning them, vasoline. penitrating oil.

Any suggestions?
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

It may help to take a drill and bit or a round file to ream the bases out a little. Definitely wont hurt anything. I've done this to mine after taking sandpaper to the stem that goes into the hole in the base. A touch of grease and no more problems.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah we had the same problem on my dads boat. Just recently we took a grinder and shaved some off of the end of the bases. That took care of the problem. They now work with ease!

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the ones that screw in and I'm about to get some plumbers emery cloth and workout on the shaft. I think it will work as it moves a bit more material than most other stuff. I think my problem is the light surface rust. They're only 22 yrs old. Let me know what works for you please.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by gabowman View Post
    It may help to take a drill and bit or a round file to ream the bases out a little. Definitely wont hurt anything. I've done this to mine after taking sandpaper to the stem that goes into the hole in the base. A touch of grease and no more problems.
    I gotta do somethin! I'm tired of fight'n with the darn things!

Post Thanks / Like

Wiskers, I got them on my boat also. To tell you the truth, I think lubricants actually make them tighter! I had to destroy a couple on my boat. Finally went to Ace Hardware and bought a little drum type sanding wheel you chuck in a drill. Sanded the inside plastic, and that did the trick. For some reason I've had to go back and do it again, as it seems they close up over time.

Post Thanks / Like

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Shellback View Post
    Wiskers, I got them on my boat also. To tell you the truth, I think lubricants actually make them tighter! I had to destroy a couple on my boat. Finally went to Ace Hardware and bought a little drum type sanding wheel you chuck in a drill. Sanded the inside plastic, and that did the trick. For some reason I've had to go back and do it again, as it seems they close up over time.
    You know I think you're right. I lubed mine & they worked good for a while, then all of a sudden it's like the darn posts grew roots or something! I'm gonna take them outta the boat today & work in them. If this don't work I guess I'll change out the whole mounting system.

Swivl-eze my a**!!!
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 02-01-2011 at 11:34 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

The snap locks are notorious for this. To make matters worse, within the last several years, they actually altered the diameter of the posts slightly making new posts non compatable or tighter with older bases. I've got 'em on my boat and had to work on the bases after installing 2 for spider rigging. Still need some more work as a particular post will fit only 2 bases easily, but another will fit all 4. Go figure. The flapping sander will make light work of reaming the hole. Just got cheap and didn't go that route myself.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Terry,
    I use graphite on mine. Seems to work better than wd40. I also use my foot to push the pin in and pull with both hands. How was the trip to Grizzly?
    Life is Good !
    2018 Kentucky & Tennessee Crappie Masters State Champs!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ifish View Post
    Hey Terry,
    I use graphite on mine. Seems to work better than wd40. I also use my foot to push the pin in and pull with both hands. How was the trip to Grizzly?
    Buddy I've tried graphite too. Still the same. Like wantabe said, I got 2 bases the posts fit ok & 2 that you have to drive them in & take a pipe wrench to pull them out!

The trip to Grizzly was great! I'll do it again next year if I'm home.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast