Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Humming Bird Matrix 17

Post Thanks / Like

Default Humming Bird Matrix 17

Does anyone have one of these. I am looking at getting one, and adding a gps when I get the $.

Any reviews will help.

They are about $180
    Love, what more can I say

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I really do like mine. I use it in manually set values. I have a handheld gps connected to my unit. I have a transducer on the trolling motor, and one on the transom, and just move my unit back and forth.

Post Thanks / Like

I like my Matrix 37.

Post Thanks / Like

I too have a 37 w/gps. Really like it but havent completley figured all the extras out on it.
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Post Thanks / Like

I'm looking at the Matrix 17 as well.....other than the dual beam sonar, the feature that I like is the capability to sync w/ my Garmin handlheld GPS.
    Fish on!:D

3 Bald Stooges of Percy Priest Lake - Co Founder

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gps

Does anyone have the GPS that comes with it. You can find it online for about $90.
    So i figured I'll get the unit first, then go back and get the gps.
    Love, what more can I say

Post Thanks / Like

That $90 item is just an ANTENNA for the GPS part. Now if you want just an antenna that is mounted on your boat that's ok.

But you can also get a portable GPS unit for about 200 to 300 bucks and then use that on the boat when you are fishing OR take it out of the boat and use it while traveling in your vehicle or out hunting in the field.

I like the flexabilty I get with a handheld GPS unit. The only real disadvanage on my small hand held Garmin Etrex unit is the small screen size. But I could get a Humminbird Matric Depth Sounder and hook up my Garmin etrax to the Humminbird unit and then use the larger Humminbirds' display screen to view my gps position.

I would love to know if the garmin map would show up on the humminbird screen. If so then that would be the ideal thing for me.

If you just want a gps for the Boat only then go with the $90 antenna.

Quote Originally Posted by mighty
    Does anyone have the GPS that comes with it. You can find it online for about $90.
    So i figured I'll get the unit first, then go back and get the gps.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Moose1am, do you have the fishing hotsposts software for your Etrex gps? I'm picking it up tonight, and I'm wondering if all of my waypoints I have marked will be deleted once I download it to the GPS.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I have the Garmin MapSource FHS v 4.00 CD with Region X and IX.
    You can save the waypoints from your etrex to your computer using the FHS mapping software or even the Garmin MapSource MetroGuide North American v 6. software. A waypoint is a waypoint and you can save any waypoint to either of these software products.

Just make sure that you don't accidently delete them on your etrex. You have to confirm any deletions so you won't accidently do this.

There is a menu item on the FHS software that will allow you to download the WP's from your GPS to your computer. All you need it the CD software and the correct cable. A correct cable is one that will connect your gps unit to your computer. Most of the time the computer connection is either a serial connection or a usb connection. The gps connection is propriatory for garmin. But there are some web sites that sell these cables cheaper than what garmin does. My cable came with my GPS unit.

If you travel a lot and get lost easily and would like to have a map of the USA on your etrex then I would recommend the MetroGuide North America Software v7. It's about $100 bucks but it will show you where you are and show you how to get from point a to point b. Wish the software was not so darn expensive though.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrillSeeker
    Hey Moose1am, do you have the fishing hotsposts software for your Etrex gps? I'm picking it up tonight, and I'm wondering if all of my waypoints I have marked will be deleted once I download it to the GPS.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah.....100 bucks is nothing to sneeze at. I've been putting it off for a while, but now that I have a boat, I need to go ahead and get that software.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast