Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: just an idea

dadof2000grad Guest

Default just an idea

Several years ago, several fishing buddies and I contacted a farmer who had several lakes on his property. Our deal was as follows; We paid his property taxes for that parcel of land with the written agreement that we were only ones allowed to fish on his lakes. Our cost for 20 of us was $50 per person. He monitored the land, we would occasionally help him do some work around the lake and we stocked the lake as needed. We had 5 -6 years of great fishing. The lake was loaded with crappie, bluegill and bass. He eventually became ill and his children took over. They sold the property to a developer and the fishing went south. They drained the lakes, filled them in and now there are 30-40 houses. If anyone would be interested in persuing this idea around madison or St.Clair counties in Illinois, please let me know.

barrelslime is offline Moderator White Bass/Striper/Hybrid Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

dad, I live in madison Co and as you know finding a place to fish or hunt is a problem. I would be interested if you have some others to throw in.
    Personal Best 17 1/2"
    " Let us endeavor so to live, that when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry." Mark Twain

Crappie Xtreme is offline Moderator Illinois Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good idea if you knew someone who owns a lake or lakes.
    Not to change the subject but I caught my limit at Rend lake yesterday. Good mess of keepers.
    IL board Moderator