Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Double Rig Questions?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Double Rig Questions?

I saw alot of stuff about double rigs in the latest edition of crappie world. This technique would do well on my lake but how do you rig these things up??? I saw the picture of the guy bringing in two crappie at once with two separate lines off of the main line. If I tried to do that I think I would have the biggest tangle you could imagine. Do you use some sort of spreader to keep the lines apart from each other? This double rig thing would be nice to use but how do you properly tie it. I have the 2 baits on the main line thing down, but 2 separate dropper lines has got me?? Any help? thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Default Try a spreader

Even so, I've had everything get tangled up. You can get spreaders are KMart and WalMart.

If I want to use two hooks, I prefer to tie a jighead at the bottom, and a Palomar knot to tie another hook or jig a foot or two up from that. That way, I don't have lines dangling out there to get tangled. - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tube4Slabs
    I saw alot of stuff about double rigs in the latest edition of crappie world. This technique would do well on my lake but how do you rig these things up??? I saw the picture of the guy bringing in two crappie at once with two separate lines off of the main line. If I tried to do that I think I would have the biggest tangle you could imagine. Do you use some sort of spreader to keep the lines apart from each other? This double rig thing would be nice to use but how do you properly tie it. I have the 2 baits on the main line thing down, but 2 separate dropper lines has got me?? Any help? thanks
    Hi Tube,
    When I spider rig I use a double rig that I got from teamheagy.com. It uses a 3-way swivel and when the lines wrap around each other they simply unwravel when held upright or when pulled through the water. I read the article that your talking about the other day and If I remember right the author mentioned using a 3-way swivel with it. I don't know how this rig would handle with casting, Im like roberta and use the palamor knot when tying on the second jig when casting. I have an occaisional tangle with this method but all in all it works great. Hope this helps...........treepotato

Post Thanks / Like

Default thanks

Thanks for the replies so far, I figured it would become a mess. Thats something they fail to mention in the article.