Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One Bad Apple

Post Thanks / Like

Default One Bad Apple

The problem with lieing on a forum like this is that it ruins it for anyone who might need some information. I don't care how you fish, what you fish with or where you fish, but 3 of us spent $100.00 dollar bill and drove 250 miles based on the published information that the area around Kaufman Bend Marina was open and fishable. Based on that info we went to the Lake of the Ozarks. Not only was it not fishable, the fella that runs the marina said it had been closed in for 3 weeks. I realize I could have called the Marina to find out for sure and you can be sure I will in the future. Its just a shame to put up with crap like this on such a good site. Im sure the person that posted that info is enjoying himself now, but somehow those people finally get found out.
    Last edited by bugman; 01-31-2011 at 04:55 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for your trip. Are you meaning to say Coffman Bend Marina? This would be the first time I've seen someone post bogus info like that, seems strange. Did the guy at the marina point you to some open water?

Post Thanks / Like

You might want to weigh all the things that could have gone wrong, I have been by windsor crossing on truman many times, and post it is open, and it is, but overnight it will freeze over, so consider this time of year and I wouldn't dare travel that far without talking to someone in person of the conditions of the lake.........
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure where you are talking about when you refer to Kaufman Bend Marina. I know Coffman Beach ramp was open and very accessible all day and into the late evening Fri. night. Not familiar with any marina there. A friend of mine put in at PB2 Sat. morning at daylight and fished all day and pulled out Sat. evening so there was plenty of fishable water on the lower end of LOZ this weekend.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

This marina is at about the 56 or so. Close to Red Fox and Plain Janes. Not familiar with much more on that lake. It is Kauffman Bend. If I misunderstood the location he reported, I owe him an appologie. If thats the case I do appologize. This is just out of Climax, 7hiway and Z road.
    Last edited by Braggin Board; 01-30-2011 at 09:56 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I think you got coffman beach and coffman bend mixed up,their is no owner of coffman beach its a public ramp.and that water is open.we caught three limits close by their sat.

Post Thanks / Like

Default had to think about this one?

Coffman marina is at the 51 mm of lake of the ozark.. Coffman bend public ramp out of eldon mo. On the 2mm of gravois mills and yes it was open over the weekend ..also i was bass fishing last friday and saturday from the dam to the 12 mm the back of small coves had some thin ice on them but all the big water was open .. But i would think that from the 39 mm on up the main channel would have ice on it. Always best to check and then check again... O' i did catch a few nice green fish both days also talk to some fishing for crappie and they where finding them deep ...
    Last edited by crankbait mo; 01-30-2011 at 10:14 PM. Reason: miss spelling
    CRANKBAIT

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmmmm

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Like I said, if I got them mixed up, I appologize to the guy that gave that information. I was really suprised when the info didn't pan out. That was a first after several years on this site.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Not the greatest way to come out a posting after a bad trip no matter how mad you was about the information. The name calling is far from what this site is all about. We all try to give fair and honest information on here and I will bet 99% of the info. on here is legit. Now come time before a big tournament guys may not post where on the lake they wehre but the info. on how they caught them is correct. If I post on where and how I am fishing on here you can take it to the bank but that does not mean that they will be there the next day or following weekend when you arrive. If I have a big tournament coming up and I am on a differant bite than others I just will not post until after it is over. If I was the one who posted about the area being open water and then got slammed on here they way you did them because of a mix up of what two differant areas of the lake are called I would be pissed. Glad you appoligized and I would say it was a mix up of locations and that no one steered you wrong intentionally. That is just very far from the norm on this site and certainlly the MO board. Hope all gets sorted out and there are no hard feelings or lost members over this. Sorry for your bad experiance. If you want to walk a half mile I know where I can get you on some fish on Truman right now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast