Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crappie Tacle Box

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Tacle Box

How many do y'all have I am now working on my 3rd with my other two I cant stuff any more in them. I wish spring would get here and I could put more of it to use. All of our lakes here are froze up.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the CRAPPIE BUG sounds like you got bit
    TOO MANY IDIOTS TO FEW BULLETS

Post Thanks / Like

I use the plastic ones with the moveable dividers. I started out with 3. One for bass, one for crappie/white bass and one for bluegill. My crappie/white bass boxes have grown to 10 boxes due to all the plastics I have.

Reggie

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I use the plano boxes, the mid sized ones now. The big ones worked well for me for years, and I had a 6 gallon milk crate that they sat in. I have about a dozen of em, and would take the ones needed that day and put em in the crate, close the lid I had fashioned on to it and head out. Now I have a compartment in the boat to carry the Crappie gear, and there isn't much room left.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Learned to scale down for the sake of simplicity. This bag has room for 8 bags of diff Bobby garlands,some extra tubes,assorted jig heads, basic on the water tools, two jars of nibbles and twelve clamped ziplocks that hold more jigs than I could ever tie

Post Thanks / Like

Got cut short:

or lose in tops.
    Zip tie a poly bag with asst floats during the spawn to a zipper and i'd be good for days with insect repellent

Can't imagine needing much more as far as tackle is concerned.

Adam

Post Thanks / Like

I keep switching boxes back and forth, I can't decide which system I like the best. Right now I am using the Spider Cast box with the top spinner bait trays used as dividers for Bobby Garland stuff and the plano boxes with dividers in the bottom with tubes in two and hair jigs in the other two. I have a separate small one tray box for jig heads, shot, and rigging stuff. Yupper i got the bug.

Post Thanks / Like

I use the plano boxes, and I could probably get down to one for jig heads, and one for baits. I buy several colors and varieties, but have 10 baits or so that are my go to.

Post Thanks / Like

I no longer use tackle boxes or the divider trays,tackle boxes are good for rusting your hooks and the trays are good for melting your plactic.Some will stick or bleed and a hot bait is easier to tear off the jig head.
    I use mainstray'food storage containers and leave the plactic's in the packages they come in,one for curly tails and beaver tails.One for sliders,crappies pups,one for tubes and other creature baits.One for tools,glue,ligter and crappie nib's and I use the round button trays that you can stack on top of each other for my jig heads.Sure I may haveta dig down though the plastic packages to find what I'm looking for but they are still like brand new looking.
    I have alot of tackle boxes,bags and trayes but the storage containers has work for me 1000's times better than those.

Post Thanks / Like

walmart bags. bad thing about them is i have to keep going from bag to bag to find what i'm looking for. and speaking of tackle boxes? probably 30 or more. some real old. like me. and unlike me some real collectible ones.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast