Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jig head shape?

Post Thanks / Like

Question Jig head shape?

I am curious what jig head shape do you use for the Bobby Garland Slab Slay'r and the Baby Shad plastics? I am buying some 2 and 3 inch Slab Slay'rs and wasn't sure if those took a minnow head style or would a round head be better. My first post, just got registration confirmed today. Hi to all!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard. I have not experimented with different shape heads on those particular plastics but I have on others and have found overall that I do much better on plain roundball heads than I do any other size and shape

Post Thanks / Like

Baby shad are one of my favorite baits, and I use nothing but a plain ball head jig.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the board,i use those baits with ballheads and have had plenty of success.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard. You likely won't notice a difference other than the minnow head might fall a bit faster since it's more streamlined. There's no right or wrong, use whatever you like.

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking I would get the round heads for vertical jigging ,and the minnow heads for casting, but I wasn't sure if it mattered. Thanks for the replies.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to CDC. I pretty much always stick to round heads. Can't go wrong and I've cought lots of fish with em.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome

The consensus is round heads. Minnow heads or round heads - whatever is cheaper and available.
    Favorite brand is Apex round heads (Dicks) or ordering from Ebay where I get free shipping and the best price for collarless jigheads with mustad hooks.

Frank

skeetbum is online now Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Personal preference, but I like minnow heads all around. Use a lot of ball heads, just cuz I didn't have the mold or any of what I wanted.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

On other plastics in the past I have noticed I caught a lot more on the roundball heads when casting, which is what I mainly do. I would think it might not matter as much if you were vertical jigging but I do not know. I just know when casting, from what I have experienced and most all my fishing friends will tell you round ball wins hands down. However all this goes back to where and how you are fishing too I guess. Different techniques for different areas.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast