Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Juggin

Post Thanks / Like

Default Juggin

Making some more catfish jugs/noodles friday. I've been using 2.5ft pieces of 3/4 inch pipe with caps on the end. They seem to work pretty well, they sit low in the water so the wind doesn't bother them as bad. Hard to see at night without reflective tape, though. I also have some 1 foot sections of pool noodles with pcv through them. Any different methods out there?
    -Austin a.k.a. Ox

Post Thanks / Like

What is this "catfish" thing you are talking about.
    TOO MANY IDIOTS TO FEW BULLETS

Post Thanks / Like

Ox, I use powerade bottles.. we tie the string around the neck and when we are done with them, we just wrap the string around the neck, and drop the hook and weight into the bottle and put the cap back on them. And I have reflective tape around the bottom also for visibility at night.. Oh and Circle hooks on them.
    You can't fish with a hung line!

Post Thanks / Like

What bait do yall use ? My brother uses chicken hearts in the spillway and does good.

Post Thanks / Like

I have used cheap weenies cut in pieces and marinated in garlic salt. I have wondered about baiting with a shiner. Might try that this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Might catch some sacs !!!

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

We've also used pool noodles and I have 100 made up. Here in my hometown there's alot of granite finishing work so I have easy access to cores drilled out of granite rock where vases are mounted onto tombstones. Those cores slips inside the ends of the noodles with a snug fit. This adds weight to the noodles and helps to slow the drift of them. I also attached the fishing cord to one end of the noodles so you can see the noodle standing up when a fish is on. The reflective strip is also a MUST for seeing them at night. My lake naturally has blueback herring as a primary baitfish so that's what we use for bait, cut into chunks. Live bream is also good bait for cats. The main problem fishing jugs here is you catch too many catfish and cleaning them is a pain.:o
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

In the last two weeks we have had pretty good luck with noodles on Black Bayou at Hosston. We used shrimp as bait and they really liked that. Caught both mudcats and channel cats with the shrimp. Last friday night they put out 36 noodles and had 15 fish caught in the first hour and a half. I am beginning to think that if I want some fish for the camp right quick, I need to put out some noodles.

Post Thanks / Like

If I can get over this Sore Throat I plan on running some this weekend
    -Austin a.k.a. Ox

Post Thanks / Like

Hope you get better and have good luck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast