Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Sponsor's ????

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sponsor's ????

My question is this How'd you get your sponsorship. I've seen were some folks on here have several Not trying to steal or even get in on that just wondering how you or they came about sponsoring you?

I understand some own there own company that deals with crappie fishing, some tourney fish, other than that.
    If you don't get hung every-once-n-a-while you ain't jigg'n it right..:D
    Member of:
    South Carolina Crappie Association TX. Trail
    Vexan Pro-staff Member

Post Thanks / Like

Build up a resume, fish a lot of tournaments, make yourself visible. I fished BASS back in the 70's and early 80's. All you had to do then is have a little tournament success and write a bunch of letters. Times have changed, you have to prove your ability. Try and find out who the rep groups are in your area for the different products. Get on the rep group pro staff and hold on. You have to get your foot in the door, and a rep group is the easiest way. You can go to a factory you are interested in, search for who is the rep group in your area, and send them your resume, or maybe even call the owner and talk directly to him.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Always shoot for the moon, if you miss you'll still be among the stars.

dkb23 is offline Moderator Illinois Forum and Supermod
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hunter7711 View Post
    Build up a resume, fish a lot of tournaments, make yourself visible. I fished BASS back in the 70's and early 80's. All you had to do then is have a little tournament success and write a bunch of letters. Times have changed, you have to prove your ability. Try and find out who the rep groups are in your area for the different products. Get on the rep group pro staff and hold on. You have to get your foot in the door, and a rep group is the easiest way. You can go to a factory you are interested in, search for who is the rep group in your area, and send them your resume, or maybe even call the owner and talk directly to him.
    Sounds like too much work......would rather spend that time on the water chasing crappies!:D
    If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.:rolleyes:

Post Thanks / Like

Why anyone would want to ruin a perfectly good hobby is beyond me.

Post Thanks / Like

Some of these you see are self appointed, or push products in return for their own personal use products. You have to be a big hitter to get on board with larger companies.
    "Never Fry Bacon Naked"

Post Thanks / Like

You kinda have to be in the spotlight every now and then in tournys like I did and make good contacts and be a smother talker. And winning the national chanpionship like I did doesn't hurt either.