Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: loz 2-21-2006

Post Thanks / Like

Default loz 2-21-2006

partner fished for crappie, four hours and never caught a crappie, threw everything but the kitchen sink at them. talked to two game wardens and three boats of other crappie fishermen all talked of zeros and cold weather shutting down the fish. maybe in a day or two they will turn back on. Too bad I had to work.

Post Thanks / Like

Bruce,
    If anybody can catch them -- it's you -- A friend of mine Rick Pals ( Effingham)
    fished with you a couple of years ago on MTL. good friend

Z21
    How's it going : One foot in the grave, one foot on a banana peel, twenty people pushing !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Z21, welcome to the site! You sir travel with good people! Rick is a gentleman and his fishing buddies are quality folk! They are coming to missouri in a few weeks. will share a cooling beverage with them and talk fishing. Will you be joing them? ps the fishing will be getting better soon as the warming continues. Bruce

Post Thanks / Like

Talked to a buddy that fished yesterday, he and 2 others caught close to there limit, just got to find the right brush pile. Most of there fish came off of 2 piles.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Default Loz

just got back from fishin today, no problem with the 9 and 10 inchers, bigger ones were a little harder to come by, wish that water would dirty up some............

Post Thanks / Like

I went today as well and outlaw you and i must have been fishin the same water they were super tough.We ended up with two limit's but none to brag about,they were in 25' of water right on the bottom if you were over a ft off the bottom you were wasting time.That was a bad a$$ cold front over the weekend but with the forecast for the next few day's they should turn back on by this weekend,or at least that's what i'm hoping for.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Happens every time about this time of year (early March), and lasts about 10 days. It means that the Bass bite is "on fire".
    Watch for big weights (or lots of limits) at the tournaments for the next couple of weekends. When the bass bite slows down some the crappie bite gets noticably better....Don't ask me why, but my log of 11 years shows it plain as day. And it's always within a week or two of March 1st

Damndest coincidence I ever seen.

Post Thanks / Like

Bruce,

Rick and I just got back from Toledo Bend, Texas. Stayed at
    Robinson's lodge. Great place, Great food. Great person in Mark
    Robinson. Caught good fish on Friday. Rick had one a little over 2 lb.
    And -- yep --where you find Rick you'll find me.

Z21
    How's it going : One foot in the grave, one foot on a banana peel, twenty people pushing !!!