Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crappie Maxx @ Bass Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Maxx @ Bass Pro

Just got the bps catalog today. Did they get rid of the Wally rods and gear and change to the crappie maxx name? What happen?

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, WM is out on his own and the still have the same rod with a different name. No big deal.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Sales and service on Directv and Wildblue internet
    Owner of Sickle Jigs.
    Slab Bandit Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Talked to Wally at the CM Tourney at Truman when the line went on close out at BP and I asked him if he was changing the design or what was going on and he wouldn't say exactly what happened but he said that he and BP were in negotiations so I asume that he sold the Wally Marshal line to BP; and they changed the name to Crappie Maxx same rods and same quality. I use the Tightline Specials and love them. I used the BnM PST's and I like them too but when I get into the brush and start getting all the rods hung up at once and start to try hand pop them loose the PST's have a tendency to snap I have yet to snap a TLS.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JigMaster View Post
    Just got the bps catalog today. Did they get rid of the Wally rods and gear and change to the crappie maxx name? What happen?
    They still have the rods and gear....they are the BPS CrappieMax.....It was a marketing decision more than likely....Wallys contract was not renewed with BPS. Word is that Wally is working on coming out with his own line of rods in the future. Wally is still affiliated with TTI Blakemore and the Mr. Crappie , Crappie Thunder Road Runners as well as the Mr. Crappie, Slab Daddy Jigs are still availabe. This kinda stuff happens all the time as satdoc said...its no big deal.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JigMaster View Post
    Nobody knows for sure, but Wally and BPS have clearly parted ways. It's pretty common for a company to make products, put a guys name on it, and try to have him promote and sell it. What I really want to know is, who is the new guy, Crappie Max

My money is on Beagle man
    Last edited by mduncan62; 01-24-2011 at 10:53 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I have definitive information that Wally Designed and tested and tweaked all the rods that had his name sold at BPS. Disregard my comment above, in this case it's not the correct assumption.

I'd imagine there'll be some new information coming out about the new rods soon.

Post Thanks / Like

last week bpn clarksville In still had wally Marshall
    The only thing better than a day of fishing.Is a week of fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

We should know more on what Wally has planned after this weekend at Grizzly Jig. Oh mduncan my money is on wannabe for Crappie Max!!:D:p

WALLY MARSHALL PRO STAFF
    CATCHIN' CRAPPIE GUIDE SERVICE
    CREEKS ROD TRANSPORT RACK
    870-307-2572

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by creekslick View Post
    We should know more on what Wally has planned after this weekend at Grizzly Jig. Oh mduncan my money is on wannabe for Crappie Max!!:D:p
    Nah if it was Wannabe they would call them One Crappie Is my Max. LOL
    There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

The new BPS Angler catalog that just came out has the MR. Crappie, bobbers, hooks, sinkers, and rod holders listed in it. BPS is still handling some Mr. Crappie products.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast